Directions (1 to 10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are oriented below the passage and against each, five words/phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank approximately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each cast.
Fourteen centuries ago when the world was much younger, the ruler of all India, Rajah Balhait, was (1) about his people. A new game of dice, called nard, had (2) the imagination of his subjects. Teaching them that chance alone – a roll of the dice – guided the (3) of men. All who played this game of fortune lost their (4) in the virtues of courage, prudence, wisdom and hope. It bred a fatalism that was (5) the spirit of the kingdom.
Rajah Balhait commissioned Sissa, an intelligent courtier, at his court, to find an answer to this (6). After much (7) the clever Sissa invented another game, chaturanga, the exact (8) of nard, in which the four elements of the Indian army were the key pieces. In the game these pieces – chariots, horses, elephants and foot soldiers – joined with a royal counseller to defend their kind and defeat the enemy. Forceful (9) was demanded of the players not luck. Chaturanga soon become more popular than nard, and the (10) to the kingdom was over.
Directions (11 – 15) Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them
(A)The group desired to enhance the learning experience in schools with an interactive digital medium that could be used within and outside the class room.
(B)Then the teacher can act on the downloaded data rather than collect it from each and every student and thereby sae his time and effort.
(C)Edutor, decided the group of engineers, all alumni of the Indian Institute of technology, where they founded Edutor Technologies in August 2009.
(D)They can even take tests and submit the digitally using the same tablets and the teachers in turn can download the tests using the company’s cloud services.
(E)With this desire they created a solution that digitizes school texts books and other learning materials so that students no longer need to carry as many books to school and back as before, but can access their study material on their touch screen tablets.
(F)A mechanic works on motors and an accountant has its computer. Likewise, if a student has to work on a machine or deice, what should it be called?
11. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
12. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
13. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
14.Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
15. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium