Good Morning Readers,
Keeping in view the essential topics that may come in SBI PO Descriptive exam, today we are posting some facts and must read points from the scheme named “Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna”. This is one of the insurance schemes launched by Union Govt. Now let’s have a look.
The scheme will be a one year cover, renewable from year to year, Accident Insurance Scheme offering accidental death and disability cover for death or disability on account of an accident. The scheme would be offered/administered through Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs) and other General Insurance companies
willing to offer the product on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with Banks for this purpose. Participating banks will be free to engage any such insurance company for implementing the scheme for their subscribers.
The cover shall be for the one year period stretching from 1st June to 31st May for which option to join/pay by auto-debit from the designated savings bank account on the prescribed forms will be required to be given by 31st May of every year, extendable up to 31st August 2015 in the initial year. Initially on launch, the period for joining may be extended by Govt. of India for another three months, i.e. up to 30th of November, 2015. Joining subsequently on payment of full annual premium may be possible on specified terms. However, applicants may give an indefinite / longer option for enrolment / auto-debit, subject to continuation of the scheme with terms as may be revised on the basis of past experience. Individuals who exit the scheme at any point may re-join the scheme in future years through the above modality. New entrants into the eligible category from year to year or currently eligible individuals who did not join earlier shall be able to join in future years while the scheme is continuing.
Rs.12/- per annum per member. The premium will be deducted from the account holder’s savings bank account through ‘auto debit’ facility in one installment on or before 1st June of each annual coverage period under the scheme. However, in cases where auto debit takes place after 1st June, the cover shall commence from the first day of the month following the auto debit. The premium would be reviewed based on annual claims experience. However, barring unforeseen adverse outcomes of extreme nature, efforts would be made to ensure that there is no upward revision of premium in the first three years.
The savings bank account holders of the participating banks aged between 18 years(completed) and 70 years (age nearer birthday) who give their consent to join / enable auto-debit, as per the above modality, will be enrolled into the scheme.
The accident cover for the member shall terminate on any of the following events and no benefit will be payable there under:
- On attaining age 70 years (age nearest birth day).
- Closure of account with the Bank or insufficiency of balance to keep the insurance in force.
- In case a member is covered through more than one account and premium is received by the Insurance Company inadvertently, insurance cover will be restricted to one only and the premium shall be liable to be forfeited.
- If the insurance cover is ceased due to any technical reasons such as insufficient balance on due date or due to any administrative issues, the same can be reinstated on receipt of full annual premium, subject to conditions that may be laid down.
- During this period, the risk cover will be suspended and reinstatement of risk cover will be at the sole discretion of Insurance Company.
- Participating banks will deduct the premium amount in the same month when the auto debit option is given, preferably in May of every year, and remit the amount due to the Insurance Company in that month itself.