2. The ball named Brazuca was used in the FIFA World Cup 2014. This ball was made by the Adidas. What does the ‘Brazuca’ mean?
(a) Play the Fair Game
(b) The True Spirit of Game
(c) Brazilian Way of Life
(d) Play in Brazil
3. Which of the statements given below is/are correct?
1. The 2014 FIFA World Cup was the 19th FIFA World Cup.
2. The official mascot of the 2014 FIFA World Cup was Fuleco—the Armadillo.
3. Thomas Mueller of Germany scored the hat-trick of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
(a) 1 and 2 (b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and-3 (d) All of these
4. Name the person who became the World No. 1 pistol shooter in the men’s 10 m air pistol category on July 1, 2014.
(a) Vijay Kumar
(b) Gagan Narang
(c) Jitu Rai
(d) Abhinav Bindra
5. Who among the following has won the German Grand Prix 2014?
(a) Nico Rosberg
(b) Lewis Hamilton
(c) Volterri Bolles
(d) Sebastian Vettel
6. Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below :
1. Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
2. Australia will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
(a) Only 1 (b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2 (a) Qatar will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
7. Which of the statements given below is/are correct?
1. Lionel Messi (Argentina) was awarded with the Adidas Golden Ball award for his outstanding display in the FIFA World Cup 2014.
2. James Rodriguez (Columbia) was awarded with the Adidas Golden Boot award to score maximum goals (6) in the FIFA World Cup 2014.
(a) Only 1 (b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2 )4* (c)
8. Rory Mcllroy won the British Open Golf Championship 2014, held at Royal Liverpool Gold Course in Holyake, United Kingdom on July 20, 2014. He belongs to which country?
(d) The USA
9. Pankaj Advani, on June 29, 2014, created history by becoming the first player in the world to win world titles in the long and shorter formats of both Billiards and Snooker by pocketing the IBSF World-6 Snooker Championship, which was held in Egypt. He belongs to which State of India?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
10. Saina Nehwal, on June 29, 2014, won the women’s singles title at the Australian Super Series Badminton by defeating
(a) Bae Yeon Ju
(b) Garolia Mann
(c) Wang Yihan
(d) Carolina Mann
11. AB De Villiers, on June 21, 2014, replaced Virat Kohli as the number one batsman in the ICC ODI batsman rankings. With this, he became the top batsman in both test and one day ICC rankings. AB De Villers belongs to which country?.
(b) South Africa
(d) Sri Lanka
12. Petra Kvitova, on July 5, 2014, won the women’s singles title of ” Wimbledon 2014 by defeating Canadian Eugnie Bouchard. Petra Kvitova belongs to which country?
(b) Czech Republic
13. Novak Djokovic has won his second Wimbledon men’s singles title by defeating
(a) Rafael Nadal
(b) Roger Federer
(c) Vasek Pospisil
(d) Jack Sock
14. Name the Indian cricket player who has been elected as the member of Laureus World Sports Academy on July 16, 2014. He is the 47th member of the Academy.
(a) Sachin Tendulkar
(b) Rahul Dravid
(c) Sourav Ganguly
(d) Shikhar Dhawan
15. N. Srinivasan has been appointed as the First Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a period of how many years?