Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences A, B, C, D, E and F in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph, then answer the questions given below them.
A. O-nami was very strong and knew the art of wrestling. In his private spells he defeated even his teacher, but in public he was so timid that his own pupils defeated him.
B. The teacher advised him saying “Your name means Great Waves, imagine that you are huge waves sweeping everything before you, swallowing everything in your path. Do this and you will be the greatest wrestler in the country.”
C. O-nami soon registered for a wrestling match and won. After that, no one in Japan was able to defeat him.
D. In the early days of the Meiji era there lived a well known wrestler called O-name, Great Waves.
E. In the days that followed, O-nami meditated on the advice given by the Zen master.
F. O-name felt he should go to a Zen master for help. He approached Hakuju a wardering teacher and told him of his great trouble.
1. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after the rearrangement?
2. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after the rearrangement?
3. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after the rearrangement?
4. Which of the following should be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence after the rearrangement?
5. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after the rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following pie-chart carefully and answer the questions given below.
Number of students studying various disciplines in an institute during the years 2001 and 2002
Total number of students in year 2001=1800
Total number of students in year 2002=2200
6. What is the ratio between number of students studying Agriculture in years 2001 and 2002 respectively?
7. What is the percentage increase/decrease (rounded off to nearest integer) in number of students studying Science from year 2001 to 2002?
8. The number of students studying commerce and Science together in the year 2001 is what per cent of that number of students studying both disciplines in the year 2002?
9. The number of students studying Arts in the years 2001 and 2002 is what per cent of the total number of students studying all disciplines during these two years?
10. What is the ratio between the number of students studying Management in year 2001 and that of students studying Arts in year 2002?
Directions (Q. 11-15): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
A word arrangement machine, when given a particular input, rearranges it following a particular rule. The following is the illustration of the input and the steps of arrangement.
Input yes no is of name the code Neha
Step I is yes no of name the code Neha
Step II is no yes of name the code Neha
Step III is no of yes name the code Neha
Step IV is no of the yes name code Neha
Step V is no of the yes code name Neha
(This is the last arrangement and step V is the last step of this input)
11. If the following is the second step of an input, what will be the fourth step?
Step II go oh we all you went are have
12. If the following is the third step of an input, what will be the first step?
Step III to for has been power growing their demands
13. Which of the following is the third step for the following input?
Input date and month on year happy my dear
14. How many steps will be required to get the final output from the following input?
Input did of do dog cat rat animals ago
15. If Step I of on input is ‘is state all out to its trying increase,’ what step would be ‘is to all its out state typing increase’?