Direction(1-4) Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements.
(1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer he question.
(2) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer he question.
(3) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(4) If the data in both statements I and II even together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(5) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. Is X the father of Y?
I. Y is the only son of X.
II. Z is the mother of Y.
2. Among Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar and Singapore Dollar, which currency has the lowest value in terms of Indian rupees?
I. One rupee is equal to 2.56 Japanese Yen, 0.338 Australian Dollar and 0.465 Hong Kong Dollar,
II. Value of Australian Dollar is equal to Singapore Dollar.
3. Amit, Sumit, Punit and Udit are four friends. They sit around a table square in size. One person sits facing each side of the square. Which direction is Amit facing?
I. Amit is opposite, Punit, who is on the immediate left of Udit, who is facing west.
II. Sumit is opposite Udit, who is on the immediate right of Punit, who is facing North.
4. How many boys and girls are there is the schools X?
I. In the school’ there are 158 students. There are more girls than boys.
II. Only 1/11 of the girls wear glasses, while 1/7 of the boys wear glasses.
Directions (Q. 5-8): Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below should replace the phrase given bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (5) as the answer.
5. In guest rooms, the central portion is generally reserved for sofa set.
6. The impact of the composite bow on warfare was equal to the crossbow of medieval times.
7. Culture, climate and geography plays an important part in the formation of any proverb.
8. This book will be of particular interested to those fascinated by the recent philosophy.
Directions (Q. 9-12): What should come in place of question mark (?) in the following questions?
9. 73% of 8523+32% of 6245=?
13. A command that takes what has been typed into the computer and can be seen on the screen and sends it to the printer for output on paper
14. A repair for a known software bug, usually available at no charge on the internet, is called a (n)
15. Which storage device is mounted or ‘reels’ ?
16. Virtual memory is
17. Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal (BBIN) Friendship Motor Car Rally was flagged off from which
18. The Reserve Bank of India recently decided to grant in principle approval to which one of the following to function as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU) in Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)? .
19. Who has recently been appointed as the Chairman of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission
20. Who has recently been appointed as the Secretary General of the Commonwealth of Nations?.