Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow:
(A)The growth slowdown has taken place when the supply side, governed by policy, has not seen any great worsening for firms in the non-agricultural sector.
(B) It stands depressed today, leaving the economy almost entirely dependent upon public investment.
(C) However, the present slowing of growth, to a great extent, points to the recent slowdown in demand.
(D) In the past, even at times when the supply side was not much more favourable than it is now, private investment has been high.
(E) When it comes to economic change, it is devilishly difficult to separate the demand-side causes from the supply-side ones.
1.Which of the following sentences should be the FIFTH after rearrangement?
2.Which of the following sentences should be the THIRD after rearrangement ?
3.Which of the following sentences should be the FIRST after rearrangement?
4.Which of the following sentences should be the FOURTH after rearrangement?
5.Which of the following sentences should be the SECOND after arrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read each sentences to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error the answer is (5). (Ignore error of punctuation, if any)
6. There is no better way than 1)/ addressing the grave threat posed by 2)/ young citizens drawn to extremist, violent 3)/ ideologies than a fair, transparent and swift trial. 4)/ No error 5)
7. Young people drawn to 1)/ various waves of violence through 2)/ history have mostly been individuals 3)/ harbouring a perceived strong sense of grievance with the state. 4)/ No error 5)
8. The growth slowdown had 1)/ taken place when the supply side, governed 2)/ by policy, has not seen any 3)/ great worsening for firms in the non-agricultural sector.4)/ No error 5)
9. If an increase in the fiscal deficit is 1)/ used to expand public infrastructure, it will 2)/ serve a useful purpose, both in the current 3)/ context and with regard to the longer-term trajectory for the economy.4)/ No error 5)
10. It is not absolutely essential 1)/ that the fiscal deficit must expand 2)/ substantially to unable a programme of 3)/ increased public spending on infrastructure. 4) No error 5)
Directions (11-15); In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words without changing the meaning of the passage.
Pakistan is slowly becoming ..(11).. to its home-grown terrorism. The attack on Bacha Khan University, which killed mainly students, is reminiscent of the Peshawar terror attack in which ..(12).. of school-children were killed. One of the major ways Pakistan can eliminate/reduce terrorism is by providing the right education to its youth and taking stern action ..(13).. hose directly or indirectly involved in running terror outfits. In its own interest, Pakistan also ..(14).. to end its policy of targeting India in the name of Kashmir. The state needs to gain control over the deep state, consisting of the Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). It needs to show action on ..(15).. perpetrators of terror attacks like those on Pathankot to justice.
1.(2); B 2.(1); A 3.(4); E 4.(3); D 5.(2); B 6.(1); Replace ‘than’ with ‘of’ 7.(4); Replace ‘with’ with ‘against’ 8.(1); Replace ‘had’ with ‘has’ 9.(4); Change ‘for’ with ‘of’ 10.(3); Change ‘unable’ with ‘enable’ 11.(3) 12.(4) 13.(2) 14.(1)
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
Structured course content
Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
Topic level knowledge tests
Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer