United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL) was incorporated as a Company on 18th February 1938. The company has more than seven decades of experience in Non-life Insurance business and was formed to its present form by the merger of 22 companies (12 Indian Insurance Companies, 4 Cooperative Insurance Societies and Indian operations of 5 Foreign Insurers, besides General Insurance operations of southern region of Life Insurance Corporation of India), consequent to the nationalization of General Insurance companies in India. The General Insurance Business in India was nationalized in 1972.
After Nationalization United India has grown by leaps and bounds and has 17361 work force spread across 2137 offices providing insurance cover to more than 1 Crore policy holders. The company also has 28 Regional Offices, 8 Large Corporate Offices and 418 divisional, 674 branch, 988 micro offices and 19 service hub. Presently, the company has made its presence in more than 200 tier II & III towns and villages through its innovative Micro Offices.
UIICL, Whollyowned by Govt. of India works under Department of FinancialServices, Ministry of Finance (India) and is a public sector General Insurance Company of India and one of the top General Insurers in Asia. The company net worth is around 5407 crore and profit is around 528 crore. The UIICL headquarter is in Chennai and the Chairman and Managing Director of UIICL is Mr.Milind A Kharat.
The UIICL vision :-
- The most preferred insurer in India with global footprint & recognition,
- Trusted brand admired by all stakeholders,
- The best-in-class customer service provider leveraging technology & multiple channels,
- The provider of a broad range of innovative products to meet the needs of all customer segments,
- Great place to work with highly motivated and empowered employees,
- Recognized for its contribution to the society
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Products Of UIICL :-
- Personal policies – Householder, Personal accident, Mediclaim, Unimedicare and Bhavishya arogya.
- Commercial policies – Fire insurance, Marine insurance, Motor insurance, Industrial insurance and Liability insurance.
Organization Structure :-
1. General Manager
2. Deputy General Manager
3. Chief Manager / Regional Manager
5. Deputy Manager
6. Assistant Manager
7. Administrative Officer
Types of promotions :
In UIICL, two types of promotions are there-
1. Fast Track Promotion :-
– Should have completed 3 years in present cadre.
– LII (Licentiate Insurance Institute of India), AII (Associate Insurance Institute of India) and FII (Fellowship Insurance Institute of India) passed
– Promotional exams (Every year the promotion exercise is conducted for fast track promotion)
2. Normal Track :-
– Seniority based in office cadre
Apart from these two, every year there is a promotion exercise for fast track promotions.
So now the question arises – WHY UIICL?
What better than the opportunity to work in India’s leading public sector insurance company ? Well, there are many answer. So here it goes-
1. Emoluments and Benefits include Rs.37,000/- p.m. (approx) in Metropolitan centres.
2. Besides emoluments, other benefits like Gratuity, LTS, Medical Benefits, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Performance Linked Incentive (PLI) and National Pension System (NPS), leased accommodation would be extended as per rules of the Company.
Various Insurance Certifications:
- Licentiate Insurance Institute Of India
- Associate Insurance Institute Of India
- Fellowship Insurance Institute Of India