Ozone depletion is the major cause that we are facing worldwide.Every year Ozone world day is celebrated on 16th September to spread the awareness among people about the ozone depletion and what could be possible cause to preserve it.As we all know Ozone layer helps in protecting the Earth from the harmful rays of the sun. The Fragile shield of gas has protected human health and ecosystem by restricting the harmful and ultraviolet rays to reach the earth . According to UN Secretary-General António Guterres-“”As we rightly focus our energies on tackling climate change, we must be careful not to neglect the ozone layer and stay alert to the threat posed by the illegal use of ozone-depleting gases.” Keep on reading the article to gather the information on World Ozone day.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
World Ozone Day : Theme 2019
‘32 years and Healing’ is the theme for the world ozone day 2019. This year’s theme celebrates three decades of remarkable international cooperation to protect the Ozone Layer and the climate under the Montreal Protocol. It also reminds the people to keep up the momentum to ensure healthy people and a healthy planet according to United nations website.Ozone depletion of the latest scientific assessment was completed in 2018. 1-3% parts have been recovered since 2000 per decade according to the assessment made in the year 2018. Mid latitude Ozone and northern hemisphere will be protected by 2030s, thus we can say that efforts to protect the ozone layer also helping in changing the climate on the earth.
This time we can celebrate our success but we must keep on pushing our self to tackle the illegal source of ozone depleting substances whenever they arise.
What causes Ozone Depletion?
The major cause of the ozone depletion is the human activity which includes chemicals like chlorine and bromine as these chemicals contains some ozone depletion substances which has lifetime nearly about 100 years. In 1970, scientist claim the reduction in stratospheric ozone whereas it was more prominent in polar region. The chief ozone depleting substances include chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), carbon tetrachloride, hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) and methyl chloroform.
Harmful Effects of UV rays or effects of Ozone Depletion
- It causes cancer and may lead to skin burn also.
- It speed up the aging
- It may also damage the immune system
- It can also result in burning tissue of the eyes which is known as Snow blindness
- It can also cause skin and eye cancer in animals.
- Forest are also effected with its effect. It may lead to minimal growth.
- It greatly effect the plankton. If they are destroyed then organism in the lower food chain will also be effected.
How to save earth from Ozone layer depletion?
- Avoid fertilizers which may effect the environment . Make use of environment friendly fertilizers.
- Plant more trees this will help in saving the earth and the environment.
- Avoid burning plastics and tires made of rubbers.
- Prevent smoke from the vehicles. Save crude oil by maintaining it regularly.
- Avoid products which contains CFCs and aerosol in plastic containers should be avoided.