1. Nothing is so __________ to a nation as an extreme of self-partiality, and the total want of ___________ of what others will naturally hope or fear.
2. It was through the Second World War that Russia __________ herself increased ___________ in power and wealth and prestige.
3. The industrial workers ___________ a fair ___________ for their work.
4. ___________ diseases spread like wild ___________.
5. We decided to take the shortest ___________ to our ___________.
6. It is our ___________ to __________ the elders.
7. He __________ his fault and was ___________.
acclaimed , killed
8. I __________ him because of his ___________.
9. The security forces fired at the ___________ who was armed to the ____________.
10. During the __________ many buildings were __________ to the ground.
riots , collapsed
11. Weather ____________, I shall __________ the office.
12. But for his ___________ I would not have ____________.
13. Unwillingness among the Society to ------------change has also been one of the reasons the plastic bags -----------to be used.
14. Delhi is reeling under scorching heat coupled with acute ----------of water and power cuts that has -----------normal life out of gear.
15. Ever since elephants were -------------from circus, performers have been ------------their lives in stunts.