1. A and B can complete a job in 24 days working together. A alone can complete it in 32 days. Both of them worked together for 16 days and then A left. The number of days B will take to complete the remaining job is
(e) None of these
2. In a hostel, there are 120 students and food stock is for 45 days. If 60 new students join the hostel, in how many days will the complete stock be exhausted?
(e) None of these
3. A certain number of men can do a piece of work in 80 days. If there were 10 men less, It could be finished in 20 days more. How many men are there in second case?
4. P takes twice the time taken by Q and thrice the time taken by R to do a particular piece of work. Working together, they can complete the work in 2 days. Find the number of days taken by R to complete the work alone.
5. 2 men or 3 women or 5 children can paint a house in 10 days. The painting is given to a couple and their 5 sons. They finish the job in
6. In a factory, there are equal number of men and children. Men work for 6 h a day and children for 4 h a day. During festival time, the work load goes up by 100%. The government rule does not allow children to work for more than 6 h a day. If they are equally efficient and the extra work is done by men, then extra hours of work put in by men everyday are
7. A contract is to be completed in 92 days and 234 men were set to work, each working 8 h a day. After 66 days, 3/7 of the work is completed. How many additional men may be employed, so that the work may be completed in time, each man now working 9 h a day?
(e) None of the above
8. Rahul can do a piece of work in 16 days. Ravinder can do the same work in 12 4/5 days, while Girish can do it in 32 days. All of them started to work together but Rahul leaves after 4 days. Ravinder leaves the job 3 days before the completion of the work. How long would the work last?
(a) 9 days
(b) 6 days
(c) 8 days
(d) 5 days
(e) 4 days
9. Amit and Bhanu can do a piece of work in 9 days and 18 days, respectively. As they were ill, they could do 45% and 90% of their efficiency, respectively. How many days will they take to complete the work together?
10. Ajit, Bikram and Chandu can do a piece of work individually in 8, 12 and 15 days, respectively. Ajit and Bikramstart working but Ajit quits after working for 4 days. After this, Chandu joins Bikram till the completion of work. In how many days will the work be completed?