Directions (Q. 1–5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) Only companies that have a strong pedigree, domain expertise, clear focus on the highend space, a proactive solution orientation and a collaborative mindset will emerge as the winners.
(B) Now, there is a nascent move towards knowledge process outsourcing (KPO).
(C) While outsourcing is present in numerous business functions, including manufacturing, legal, financial and human resources, it is the term BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) that is largely in the news on a daily basis.
(D) There is tremendous potential in the knowledge process outsourcing space.
(E) From mere data entry kind of work, the focus has shifted to transaction processing.
(F) India's capabilities in this area have been moving towards enhancing the nature of the work done.
1. Which of the following should be the "LAST (SIXTH)" sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following should be the "SECOND" sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following should be the "FOURTH" sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following should be the "FIFTH" sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following should be the "THIRD" sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6–10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error' the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
6. When my brother realised 1)/ that the flat contains 2)/ furniture had been sold 3)/ he felt very bad. 4)/ No error 5)
7. Among the many challenges 1)/ facing the company 2)/ in the next year 3)/ are training and instruments. 4) /No error 5)
8. The details of the programme 1)/ will be made 2)/ clearly to the 3)/ employees. 4)/No error 5)
9. India's textile industry 1)/ is poised 2)/ on growth at 5 per cent 3)/ this year alone. 4)/ No error 5)
10. Having work in 1)/ both public and private sector industries 2)/ he is the right choice 3)/ for the post of as branch manager. 4)/ No error 5)
6. 2; Replace 'contains' with 'containing'
7. 5; No error
8. 3; Replace 'clearly' with 'clear'
9. 3; Replace 'on growth' with 'to grow'
10. 1; Replace 'work' with 'worked'