Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information given below and answer the given questions:
In a certain code 'The black dog frightened the cat' is written as '516721', 'The frightened cat run away' is written as '64581' 'The cat was black' is written as '3621' and 'The dog run' is written as '741'.
1. What is the code for 'dog'?
4) can't be determined
5) None of these2. What does '8' stand for?
3. '625' could be a code for which of the following?
1) cat run away
2) cat frightened run
3) was run day
4) frightened black cat
5) None of these
4. What is the code for 'frightened'?
5. What does '4' stand for?
5) None of these
Direction (6-10): Each of the question given below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in statements are sufficient to answer the questions . Read both statements and given answer.
1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not suffcient to answer the question.
3) If the data either is statement I alone or is statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data in both the statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data is both the statement I and II together are necessary to answer the questions.
6. On which day of the week does 'Manita' birthday fall?
I. Seema correctly remembers that Mainta's birthday fall after Tuesday but before Friday.
II. Rajani correctly remembers that Manita's birthday fall before Saturday but after Wednesday.
7. How is 'sa' coded in a code language?
I. 'li na pee' means 'come home tomorrow'
II. 'pee sa ki' means 'home and office'
8. U, V, W, X and Y are standing in a row facing North who is on the immediate right of U?
I. V is on the immediate left of Y, who is second to the right of U.
II. U is second to the right of W and W is third to the left of V.
9. Rani is shoter than Madhu and Ranu is taller than Mini. Who is the shorter among them?
I. Madhu is shorter than Mini.
II. Madhu is shorter than Ranu.
10. In a certain code, '349' means 'we are champions' which letter stands for 'we'?
I. '975 means 'we won cup'.
II. 641 mean's 'they are loser's'
1 - The
7 - day
4 - run
6 - cat
2 - black
5 - Frightened
3 - w
8 - away
6. 5; From I and II, common day is Thursday. Hence Manita’s birthday fall on Thursdays.
7. 4; From I: li na pee - come home tomorrow .... i)
We can’t deduce the meaning of ‘sa’ so I alone is not
From II: pee sa ke - ‘home and office ’ ... ii)
we can’t deduce the meaning of ‘sa’ so II alone is also not sufficient even by combining i) and ii), we can’t find the meaning of (sa).
On the immediate right of U is V,
So, I is alone sufficient.
On the immediate right of U is V
So, II alone is sufficient