All those who have now cleared your interviews either in the IBPS PO v or in the IBPS SO exams, are surely looking forward for the next levels of the final process, that is the medical examination and the documentation leading to your joining,
We will explain to you n brief as to what is required of you in the next two levels leading to your job.
1) The following documents in original will have to be produced by you at the time of your reporting thereat, in original:
- Birth Certificate/School Leaving Certificate (for verification of date of birth).
- Income Tax PAN Card (mandatory).
- Certificate(s) regarding educational qualification.
- Military Discharge Certificate (in case appointment of ex-servicemen).
- Character certificates either from two Gazetted Officers of Government or one such officer and an officer of the Bank in addition to a certificate from the Head Master/Principal of the School/College last attended.
- Certificate for handicapped category issued by CMO/competent authority stating therein the nature and extent of handicap.
- SC/ST/OBC category certificate.
- Three passport size photographs.
2) Your appointment in the Bank will be subject to satisfactory medical report. Medical examination report as per the Medical Standards of the Bank for new recruits to be obtained from any of the Bank’s Medical Officer (list of Bank’s Medical Officer enclosed). The following are the tests that are usually taken into consideration:
This process is very basic in nature, and is aimed to knowing whether you are healthy as a person, and do not possess any serious ailment that might cause hindrance to your career in the long run.
Just make sure that you have your eyes and ears tested before hand, and if at all there is some issue, you get it corrected. At the time of the test, your eye power should be 6/6 with the specks, or without it. Please note that Bank’s Medical Officer may ask for additional medical test(s). Please also carry with you complete Eye check up report (including vision near, distance, refraction error, colour vision, field blindness, night blindness, fundus examination, any organic disease etc.
3) In the event of your being appointed in the Bank, you would be required to give a satisfactory Letter of Release from your past/present employer, if any. However, before resigning from your present employment, if any, please ensure that all formalities including Medical examination are completed. In this connection please note that the fees for medical examination will have to be paid by you.
4) In case you belong to SC/ST/OBC category, please produce a valid caste certificate. Please note that certificate should be issued by an officer not below the rank of Executive Magistrate. In addition to the caste certificate, you have to submit a declaration as per the format prescribed by the Government of India. The said format will be provided to you by the Appointing Authority after your reporting to him.
5) You will have to identify yourself to the satisfaction of the Bank. If you fail to report to the SBLC ( State Level Banking Committee) on the stipulated date, you would not be considered for the appointment and no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
6) A police verification will also be done by the banks, to ensure that you dont have a pending case against you, or to check of your criminal record if any. In case any of it is found, chances are there that your appointment gets cancelled.
7) Candidates selected under Ex-Servicemen category will have to satisfy the Bank they are fulfilling all the criteria for considering them as Ex-Servicemen. Only thereafter Appointment Letter will be issued.
8) Detailed instructions will be issued to you after you report to SBLC concerned. Please ensure to collect the format you have to fill and the format in which the medical officer/doctor will give his report, along with the letter of introduction.