Directions (1-5): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer.
(b) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(c) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(d) If the data in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(e) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. Is E greater than P?
I. P is equal to G, who is either smaller than or equal to F. E is greater than F.
II. F is either greater than or equal to P, who is equal to G. E is neither smaller than nor equal to F.
2. How many brothers does D have?
I. D is brother of E, who is the youngest son in the family.
II. D has two siblings. One of them is H.
3. Five friends A, B, C, D and E are sitting around a circular table, facing the centre. Who sits exactly between C and D?
I. B sits seconds to the left of A. D sits on the immediate right of A.
II. C sits fourth to the right of B. A sits on the immediate right of E, who is not the neighbour of D.
4. How is ‘there’ written in a code language?
I. ‘please go there’ is written as ‘5 8 4’ and ‘he is there’ is written as ‘9 4 3’
II. ‘there is tree’ is written as ‘9 4 6’ and ‘its mango tree’ is written as ‘6 7 5’.
5. Is Q granddaughter of N?
I. N is mother of A and has two grandchildren.
II. The brother of A has two children Q and P.
6. Statement: The new financial year will begin with a new set of charges and higher penalties for customers of private banks.
Which of the following can be inferred from the facts given in the statement?
(a) People should use digital channels and move away from physical instruments such as cheques.
(b) Customers will be less attracted towards private banks.
(c) Banks will inform the account holders through emails or SMS about the imminent charges.
(d) The charge for non-maintenance of average minimum quarterly balance is the most widely applied charged by banks.
(e) RBI will impose heavy penalty on banks for not resolving customer complaints.
7. Statement: The Maharashtra government has announced that the sale of gutkha will be declared as a non-bail able offence. The ban will be applicable on all types of tobacco-laced chewing products.
Which of the following inferences is definitely true according to the above statement?
(a) The government will cancel the licenses of offenders.
(b) Shopkeepers will smuggle gutkha from neighbouring states.
(c) Other states will also ban gutkha.
(d) Offenders will face rigorous imprisonment.
(e) People will pay higher charges for gutkha.
8. Statement: The Delhi Government has decided to deploy marshals on hundred Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses and “dark spots” for making public transport and public places safer for the women of the Capital.
Which of the following inferences is Probably False according to the above statement?
(a) Women will feel safer in public transport and public places.
(b) Women will use public transport instead of their own vehicles.
(c) Crime against women will decrease.
(d) Delhi will be declared as the safest capital for women.
(e) None of the above
9. Statement: Railways have doubled the cost of platform tickets to Rs. 10 with effect from April 1, 2015.
Which of the following may be the best reason for the above decision taken by the Railways?
(a) Less revenue collection from platform tickets.
(b) To check the number of passengers in peak season
(c) Unnecessary crowd at the platform
(d) Less fine imposed against the person entering the platform
(e) All of the above
10. Statement: Candidates from topnotch foreign and private banks have made a beeline for being considered for the post of managing director and chief executive officer for public sector banks.
Which of the following can be inferred from the given information?
(a) Private-bank candidates have a greater interest in public sector banks.
(b) Public sector banks pay higher salary than private banks.
(c) Public sector bank employees are not much qualified compared to private sector bank employees.
(d) Private-bank candidates are more qualified and aggressive in business.
(e) Positive atmosphere created by the new government.