In the very first article of JAIIB or DB&F, we discussed about the exams, what are they, who conducts them and why it is important.
Now, in this article, we will be discussing about the Exam Pattern, Eligibility and Schedule of the JAIIB Examination.
Both JAIIB and DB&F are conducted two times in a year – One in around month of May and second time in around month of November on the three consecutive Sundays of the month.
Eligibility for JAIIB:-
1. Anyone working in banking or any other financial industry should register themselves firstly as an ordinary member at IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking & Finance) whose employer is an Institutional member of the Institute can apply for membership.
2. Candidates must have passed the matriculation examination or its equivalent. The Institute may, however at its discretion, allow any candidate from clerical or supervisory staff cadre of banks to appear at the examination on the recommendation of the Manager of the bank / officer-in-charge of the bank’s office where the candidate is working, even if he/she is not a matriculate or its equivalent.
SUBJECTS OF EXAMINATION:-
(1) Principles & Practices of Banking
(2) Accounting & Finance for Bankers
(3) Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
There is no exemption in any of the subject/s for prior qualification/s.
1. Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
2. Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
3. Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in an attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination as mentioned below :
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION:-
1. Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
2. Candidates not able to pass the examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enrol themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
3. Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for First attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears at any examination or otherwise.
| First attempt fee
|| Rs. 2,400 /-
|Second Attempt fee
|| Rs. 1,000 /-
|Third Attempt fee
|| Rs. 1,000 /-
|Fourth Attempt Fee
|| Rs. 1,000 /-
* Plus convenience charges and Taxes as applicable
Please Note: Candidates are required to Register for every attempt separately.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION:-
Candidates are allowed to attempt the examination either in Hindi or English, and should clearly fill in their choice of medium at the time of registration of application. In any case change of medium will not be allowed at a later stage.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION:-
(i) Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies/case lets. The Institute may, however, vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
(ii) The examination will be held in Online Mode only
(iii) There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
DURATION OF EXAMINATION:- 2hrs
On the very next upcoming Articles, we will be discussing all DB&F, Schedule of these exams and Syllabus in detail, Eligibility, about the subjects and how to plan for it, study for it, registration, fees and finally we together will start the preparation for these.
We want our readers to be on the top of every profession specially our Banking aspirants and bankers who think that there is no way to stop where you are and there is never a stop to your growth. And believe us You can’t miss these courses. It is not mandatory but yes it is very very important for your knowledge and growth in any banking or financial institution.
For any query/issue/support/guidance related to IIBF, JAIIB or DB&F, you can contact us through: http://support.adda247.com
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims etc.
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium