SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023
The Securities and Exchange Board of India will conduct the 2nd phase of SEBI Grade A Legal on 9 September 2023. The candidates appearing in the phase 2 exam are advised to go through the detailed SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 and its exam pattern. The candidates can ensure they have covered all the topics and sections as well as formulate strategies for time management for upcoming examinations. Here in this article, we have given the detailed SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 and exam pattern.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus
The SEBI Grade A is one of the most sought-after examinations. The candidates preparing for this exam must be aware of the SEBI Grade A Syllabus and exam pattern. The details on the syllabus for all the stages will be helpful for the candidates. Here in this article, we have covered the SEBI Grade A Syllabus in a detailed manner. As the 1st phase of the exam has been completed on 5 August, selected candidates must be eager to know the SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 for the 2nd phase. Here, we will explained the SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 for all the phases. Selected candidates must go through it to strengthen their knowledge about the question types and Exam pattern of SEBI Grade A Phase 2.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 Overview
Before knowing the SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023, candidates are advised to check the important details of the SEBI Grade A exam which is mentioned below in this table.
|SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023|
|Exam Conducting Body||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|Exam Name||SEBI Grade A Exam 2023|
|SEBI Grade A Notification 2023||22 June 203|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||¼th mark|
|Selection Process||Phase-I Online Examination
Phase-II Online Examination
Phase-III Interview Round
|SEBI Grade A Syllabus||Check In Hindi|
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023
The SEBI Grade A Exam will be conducted in three phases.
- Phase-I Online Examination
- Phase-II Online Examination
- Phase-III Interview Round
SEBI Grade A Phase I Exam Pattern for Legal Stream
Phase I of the SEBI Grade A examination will consist of 2 papers: Paper I and Paper II. The Paper I exam will be common for all streams and Paper II will be according to the streams of the candidates. A detail regarding Paper 1 and Paper II is discussed below.
|SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Exam Pattern :Legal
|Paper||Stream/ Subjects||Max. Marks||Duration||Cut Off|
|Paper I||Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to the Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.||100||60 minutes||30%|
|Paper-II||Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to stream.||100||40 minutes||40%|
Aggregate Cut off
Note: There will be a negative marking of 1/4th mark for every wrong answer.
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern for Phase II: Legal
The Phase II exam will also consist of 2 papers which will be objective and descriptive in nature. The Paper I exam will be common for all streams and Paper II will be according to the streams of the candidates.
SEBI Grade A Phase II Exam Pattern For Legal Stream
|Paper||Stream/ Subjects||Max. Marks||Duration||Cut Off||Weightage|
|Paper I||All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills||100||60 minutes||30%||1/3rd|
|Paper-II||70 Multiple choice questions of one mark each on a Specialized subject related to stream||100||60 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|3 Descriptive Questions of 10 marks each on Specialized subject related to stream
(Answers to be typed with the help of the keyboard. Candidates opting to type the answers in Hindi, may type with the help of either: (i) Inscript or (ii) Remington (GAIL) keyboards layout)
|Aggregate Cut off||50%|
Note: There will be a negative marking of 1/4th mark for every wrong answer for Paper 2 in the Phase II Exam.
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern for Phase II: IT Stream
The phase 2 exam pattern of IT Stream is provided separately in the table below.
SEBI Grade A Phase II Exam Pattern For IT Stream
|S. No.||Topic||Concept||Language to test concepts||Weightage|
|1||Algorithms||Sorting, Searching, Greedy Algorithms, Dynamic Programming, Backtracking, Divide and Conquer, Pattern Searching||C++/JAVA/Python||40|
|2||Data Structure||Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, Binary Tree, Indexing, Binary Search Tree, Heap, Hashing, Matrix||C++/JAVA/Python||40|
|3||String Manipulation||Length, Substring, Regex, Search||C++/JAVA/Python||20|
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023
SEBI Grade A Syllabus-related details are mentioned below:
SEBI Grade A Paper I Syllabus 2023 for Phase I
Paper 1 of SEBI Grade A syllabus 2023 phase I consists of 4 sections which is English language, reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, and general awareness (including financial awareness). The Paper I of Phase I will be common for every stream candidate.
- Error Spotting
- Idioms & Phrases
- Sentence Connectors
- Column-based Fillers
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Paragraph Completion
- Fill in the Blanks
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Word Swap
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Column Based Sentences
- Spelling Errors
- Sentence improvement
- Sentence-Based Error Detection
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Machine Input-Output
- Logical Reasoning
- Order and Ranking
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Number System and Conversions
The candidates must go through the complete list of topics that are to be covered for the mathematical section.
- Data Interpretation (Table, Pie, Line, Bar, Mix, Caselet, Arithmetic, etc.)
- Number Series (Missing and Wrong)
- Simplification and Approximation
- Inequality (Quadratic and Quantity Comparison based)
- Data Sufficiency (Two and Three Statements)
- Ratio and Proportion, Average
- HCF and LCM
- Problem on Ages
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and Work & Pipe and Cistern
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss and Discount based
- Speed Distance and Time, Boat and Stream, and Train Based Problems
- Probability Permutation, Combination
- Mensuration (2D and 3D)
The candidates must be aware of the general knowledge and current issues happening around them as there will be questions in Paper-1 from this section.
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- State Current Affairs
- Sports News
- Central Government Schemes
- Agreements/Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Books & Authors
- Summits & Conferences
- Defense News
- Science & Technology News
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Static Awareness
- Recent RBI Circulars Based Questions
- Business & Economy Related News
- Recent Rain
- Important Days
- Important Appointments
- Important Awards & Honours
- Union Budget 2023-24
- Economic Survey 2022-23
SEBI Grade A Paper II Syllabus for Phase I & Phase II Exam
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 of Paper 2 is similar for both the Phase I and Phase II exam. A detailed syllabus is mentioned below.
SEBI Grade A Paper I Syllabus For Phase II
Paper I of the phase II exam will be the same for all streams. It is a descriptive paper that is designed to check the candidate’s English writing skills. The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic including precis writing/ essay writing/ comprehension.
SEBI Grade A Paper II Syllabus for Phase I & Phase II Exam: Legal Stream
The candidates preparing for SEBI Grade A in Legal Stream must know the complete Phase-I & Phase-II Syllabus that has been mentioned below-
|SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 For Legal Stream
|Phase I||Phase II|
SEBI Grade A Paper II Syllabus for Phase I & Phase II Exam: General Stream
Commerce and Accountancy
- Accounting as a financial information system
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation, Inventories, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange Transactions, and Investments.
- Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis; Ratio analysis
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions including Bonus Shares, and Right Shares
- Employees Stock Option and Buy-Back of Securities.
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives:-Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors Determining Morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; Upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Management:-its nature and scope; The Management Processes. Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling.
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader.
- Leadership Styles;-Leadership Theories; A Successful Leader versus an Effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development:-Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Direct and Indirect taxes;-Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act(FRBM),
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Inflation:-Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI components, and trends
- Basics of Cost Control and Analysis- (a) Standard Costing, (b) Marginal Costing, (c) Budget, and Budgetary Control.
- Lean System and Innovation – Introduction to Lean System, Just-in-Time (JIT), Kaizen Costing, 5 Ss, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Cellular Manufacturing/ One-Piece Flow Production Systems, Six Sigma (SS), Introduction to Process Innovation and Business Process Re-engineering(BPR)
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting- Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting, Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting.
- Methods of Costing- Single Output/ Unit Costing, Job Costing, Batch Costing, Contract Costing, Process/ Operation Costing, Costing of Service Sectors.
The Companies Act, 2013- Specific reference to Chapter III, Chapter IV, Chapter VIII, Chapter X, Chapter XI, Chapter XII, and Chapter XXVII.
- Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, and Non-banking Financial Institutions.
- Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income:-Concepts and Measurement, Classical Vs Keynesian Approach Determination of output and employment, Consumption Function, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand, and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles
SEBI Grade A Paper II Syllabus for Phase I & Phase II Exam: IT Stream
- Database Concepts
- SQL Queries
- Programming Concepts (Java/C C++ )
- Data Analytics Languages (Python / R)
- Algorithms for problem-solving
- Networking Concepts
- Information & Cyber Security Concepts
- Data warehousing
- Shell Programming
SEBI Grade A Paper II Syllabus for Phase I & Phase II Exam: Research Stream
- Economics: Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income, Determination of output and employment, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM,
Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Non-banking Financial Institutions.
- Public Economics: Public Goods, Tax & Non-Tax Revenue, Direct & Indirect Taxes, Progressive and nonProgressive Taxation, Incidence and Effects of Taxation, Public expenditure, Public Debt, Public Budget and Budget Multiplier
- Statistics and Econometrics: Measures of Central tendency & dispersions, Correlation, Sampling methods, Sampling Distribution, Statistical Inferences, Hypothesis testing, Regression Analysis.
- International Economics: Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Role of International Financial Institutions: BIS, IOSCO, IMF & World Bank
- Financial Markets: Asymmetric Information, Market Model, Market Efficiency, Primary Market, Secondary Market, Commodity Markets, Mutual Funds, Stock Exchanges, Depositories, Clearing Corporations, Credit Rating Agencies, Corporate Debt Market, Forwards, Futures, Options, Hedging, Speculation and Arbitrage.
SEBI Grade A Paper II Syllabus for Phase I & Phase II Exam: Official Language
- भारत सरकार की राजभाषा नीतत (Official Language Policy of the Govt. of India) से संबंतित प्रश्न
- तिन्दी से अंग्रेजी अनुवाद [शब्द / वाक्ांश / वाक् / Terms / Phrases / Sentences]
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी अनुवाद [शब्द / वाक्ांश / वाक् / Terms / Phrases / Sentences]
- तिन्दी से अंग्रेजी – तवतिक शब्दावली (Legal Terminology)
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी – तवतिक शब्दावली (Legal Terminology)
- तिन्दी से अंग्रेजी – प्रशासतनक / बैंतकंग / प ंजी बाजार संबंिी शब्दावली (Administrative / Banking / Capital Market Terminology)
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी – प्रशासतनक / बैंतकंग / प ंजी बाजार संबंिी शब्दावली (Administrative / Banking / Capital Market Terminology)
|SEBI Grade A Cut Off 2023|
|SEBI Grade A Salary 2023|