The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
- DRDO Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy, Estd. in: 1958, Headquarters in: Bengaluru.
- For Cannes 2019, Mexican filmmaker Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu has been named the jury president.
- It was Founded in 1946 as International Film Festival.
5. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu 4-Day Visit To Vietnam: Complete Highlights
Click Here for Complete Highlights
- Vietnam Capital: Hanoi, Currency: Vietnamese dong, Vice President: Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh.
- LIC Mutual Fund was established on 20th April 1989 by LIC of India.
i. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) announced Rs 700-crore venture capital fund for equity investments in agriculture and rural-focused startups.
ii. NABARD has been contributing to other funds till now and this is the first time that the rural development bank has launched a fund of its own.
iii. The fund has been launched by Nabventures, a subsidiary of NABARD, and has a proposed corpus of Rs 500 crore with an option to retain over-subscription of Rs 200 crore, called as the greenshoe option.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO Mains 2019:
- NABARD Chairman- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 12 July 1982.
- NABARD is now 100% owned by the government.
- The first woman on the ICC Development Panel of Umpires was Kathy Cross, who retired in 2018.
You may also like to Read: