The General Awareness Section
plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly.
So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
1. Maldives to confer its highest award ‘Nishan Izzuddin’ on PM Modi
i. Maldives will confer ‘Nishan Izzuddin’ award on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is the highest award to honour foreign nationals.
ii. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Male on the first leg of his two-nation tour to the Maldives and Sri Lanka. This will also be the first bilateral visit to the Maldives of an Indian Prime Minister after 2011.
Takeaways for SBI PO/Clerk Mains Exam:
- Male is the capital of Maldives.
- The Maldivian rufiyaa is the currency of the Maldives.
- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih is the current President of the Maldives.
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims etc.
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
2. Piyush Goyal leads Indian delegation to G20 Ministerial meeting in Japan
i. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal is leading the Indian delegation for the two-day G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy beginning at Tsukuba city in Japan. Mr. Goyal will discuss developments in the global trade situation, WTO matters, and digital trade. He will also hold dialogue with other participating Trade Ministers on current international trade and investments.
ii. The G-20 Trade Ministers deliberations will form part of the G-20 Summit Leaders agenda in the formal discussions and will also be a part of the Summit Declaration.
3. Forex reserves swell by $1.8 bn to $421.8 bn
i. The country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by USD 1.875 billion to USD 421.867 billion in the week ending 31st May 2019.
ii. Reserve Bank weekly data released showed that foreign currency assets, which is a major component of the overall reserves, rose by USD 1.946 billion to USD 394.134 billion.
4. RBI imposes Rs 2 crore penalty on Kotak Mahindra Bank
i. The RBI has slapped a penalty of Rs. 2 crores on Kotak Mahindra Bank for the non-state lender’s failure to adhere to the regulator’s diktat on promoter shareholding.
ii. The central bank has been engaged in a dispute with Kotak Mahindra since 2014 over its failure to meet the milestone for stake reduction by Uday Kotak, the billionaire promoter of the bank.
5. Jammu and Kashmir govt appoints RK Chibber as interim chief of J&K Bank
i. The Jammu and Kashmir government has removed J&K Bank Chairman Parvez Ahmad and appointed RK Chibber as interim chairman of the lender. Parvez Ahmad, Chairman cum Managing Director, shall cease to be Director on the Board of Directors of the Bank and consequently be no longer the Chairman cum Managing Director of the board.
6. World Oceans Day: 8th June
i. World Oceans Day takes place every 8 June. We celebrate World Oceans Day to remind everyone of the major role the oceans have in everyday life. They are the lungs of our planet, providing most of the oxygen we breathe. The theme of World Oceans Day 2019 is ‘Gender and the Ocean’.
7. French Open: Ashleigh Barty clinches her first Grand Slam singles title
i. In French Open Tennis, Australian Ashleigh Barty won her first Grand Slam singles title after easing past Czech teenager Marketa Vondrousova in straight sets in the women’s final.
ii. In the women’s final, No. 8 seed Barty outclassed Vondrousova 6-1, 6-3 in one hour and 10 minutes.
8. Japan defeat Mexico by goal margin of 3-1 won FIH Hockey Series
i. In the International Hockey Federation (FIH) Men’s Hockey Series Finals match played at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Japan defeated Mexico by a goal margin of 3-1.