| Updated On December 17th, 2019 at 10:27 am
General awareness section is the most important part of every competitive exam, it can help you score well in the exam if you are updated with all the current news. Banking Awareness, Static GK and the current news are the parts that make the GA section complete. It is important to know what is happening in and outside of India. GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the headlines today. It is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 14th December to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
1. Virtual Police Station inaugurated at Andhra University
- Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurated the Virtual Police Station at Andhra University. This is the first such facility in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- The AU facility is seen as a pilot project and will later be replicated at other educational institutions. The initiative is expected to help bridge the gap between students and the police department
- The Virtual Police Station has been set up on the suggestion of Andhra University’s Vice-Chancellor to make it easy for students to report their grievances.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/SSC CGL:
- CM of Andhra Pradesh: YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
2. Maldives signs contract with JV of Indian companies for development of Addu
- Maldives government has signed a contract with a joint venture of Indian companies. The contract aims to prepare project report and the development of Addu, which is the second biggest city in the island nation.
- The contract was signed L & T engineering limited and Lea associates south asia for the Addu Road and Reclamation Project. The project includes land reclamation, construction of roads and storm water drainage system in Addu.
- This will upgrade existing infrastructure and mitigate the flood situation in Addu.
- Financing of the project will be done by EXIM bank of India through line of credit of USD 800 million.
Summit and Conferences
3. Defence Minister chairs Parliament’s meeting of Consultative Committee
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh chaired a meeting of the Consultative Committee of Parliament for the Ministry of Defence in New Delhi.
- The subject of the meeting was Border Roads Organisation (BRO). During the meeting, BRO was appreciated for the in building border infrastructure and contributing to the improvement of lives of people residing in the border areas.
4. National Symposium of Heads of Police Training Institutions held in New Delhi
- The 37th National Symposium of Heads of Police Training Institutions held in New Delhi. It Symposium was organized by Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D).
- The theme of the Symposium was ‘Optimal Utilization of Resources-Through Sharing and Networking’.
- A Directory of Indian Police Training Institutions (DIPTI) which has information on the resources of around 300 Police training institutions all over the country, was also released during the event.
5. FIH unveils new world ranking system for 2020
- The International Hockey Federation unveiled a new world ranking system for 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland. The new method will come into effect from the 1st January 2020.
- The new ranking will be match-based instead of tournament-based calculation.
- The new model is expected to remove the subjectivity surrounding continental weighing by creating a system which is fair to all. The outgoing world ranking system was in existence since 2003. It was originally devised to allocate teams into pools at tournaments.
6. Rohit Sharma becomes brand ambassador of La Liga in India
- The top tier of Spanish club football “La Liga” has announced cricketer Rohit Sharma as its brand ambassador in India.
- Rohit Sharma is the first non-footballer in the 90 year-old history of the league to have become a brand ambassador.
- The top tier of Spanish club football has been ramping up its fan base in India through a series of initiatives. These initiatives includes grassroot development programme like La Liga Football Schools and a digital broadcast deal with Facebook.
7. Veteran Telugu actor and writer Gollapudi Maruti Rao passes away
- Former Nandi Award winner and renowned Telugu actor and writer Gollapudi Maruti Rao passed away recently. He enthralled people with his writings and acting for several decades and also acted in around 250 films in about four decades.
- He was a multi-faceted personality as he was a journalist, playwright, writer, actor and television personality.
- Some of his memorable films as an actor include ‘Intlo Ramayya, Veedhilo Krishnayya’, ‘Challenge’, ‘Samsaram oka Chadarangam’, ‘Aditya 369’ and ‘Leader’.
8. Amazon’s Audible launches app “Audible Suno” in India
- Amazon’s audiobook company Audible has launched a new app “Audible Suno” in India. This app features original audio series which aims to expand Audible’s reach in India’s highly competitive digital entertainment and streaming space.
- The platform features hundreds of hours of Audible’s original audio series across a plethora of genres, steered by entertainers such as Amitabh Bachchan, Nawaazuddin Siddiqui, Anurag Kashyap, Tabu, Neena Gupta and Vir Das.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/SSC CGL:
- CEO and Founder of Audible: Don Katz.
Learn Current Affairs with ADDA247 Youtube Channel. Check out the video below.
Read This IN Hindi
You may also like to Read:
- Study notes of banking awareness for IBPS Exam
- More questions of banking awareness for bank exams
- More Current affairs questions
All the Best BA’ians for LIC Assistant Mains and IBPS SO Prelims 2019 !!