Q1. Which country has become the first country in Asia and second in the world to launch Hydrogen powered Train?
Q2. According to the Public Enterprises Survey 2021-22, the net profit of operating public sector enterprises jumped 50.87 percent to ₹ 2.49 lakh crore during 2021-22. Which organization emerged as the top performer?
(b) Indian Oil Corporation
(c) Power Grid
Q3. Which bank is partnering with Microsoft in the next phase of its digital transformation and will leverage Microsoft Azure to consolidate and modernize its enterprise data landscape?
(a) State Bank of India
(b) Yes Bank
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) HDFC Bank
(e) Punjab National Bank
Q4. 50 electric buses were launched in Delhi with support under the FAME India Phase II scheme of the Ministry of Heavy Industries. What does A stand for in FAME?
Q5. In which state has defense minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Siyom bridge recently?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
Q6. What is the name of the woman who has been posted at a frontline post in Siachen Glacier, in the first such operational deployment of a woman Army officer at the world’s highest battlefield?
(a) Captain Prakriti Chauhan
(b) Captain Shiva Chauhan
(c) Captain Harshita Chauhan
(d) Captain Niharika Chauhan
(e) Captain Sakshi Chauhan
Q7. The Defence Ministry has started the process for the procurement of 100 more _______ tracked self-propelled howitzers which are built in India by Larsen & Toubro (L&T) using technology transferred from South Korean defense major Hanwha Defence.
(a) K9 Vajra
(b) K8 Vajra
(c) K7 Vajra
(d) K6 Vajra
(e) K5 Vajra
Q8. _____________ is observed as World Braille Day to emphasize the significance of Braille as a form of communication for the partially sighted and blind.
(a) January 4
(b) January 6
(c) January 9
(d) January 10
(e) January 12
Q9. Which ministry has proposed to ban advertisements of online betting sites on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, as per draft rules for online gaming released?
(a) Ministry of Home Affairs
(b) Ministry of Social Justice & Environment
(c) Ministry of Electronics and IT
(d) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
(e) None of these
Q10. The small finance bank shall be registered as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 2013. It will be licensed under ____________ of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
(a) Section 20
(b) Section 21
(c) Section 22
(d) Section 23
(e) Section 24
S1. Ans. (c)
Sol. China’s CRRC Corporation Ltd. Launched a hydrogen urban train, and it is the first in Asia and the second such train in the world. Germany introduced green trains a few months back.
- Germany became the first country to operate the world’s first-ever hydrogen-powered passenger train fleet.
- The trains launched by Germany have a record of 1175 km range set. The Indian Railway on the other hand is moving fast to induct the ‘World’s Greenest Train’ soon.
- India will get its first-ever Indigenous Hydrogen trains by December 2023.
China Static Facts:
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Yuan (Renminbi)
S2. Ans. (a)
Sol. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has emerged as the top performer.
The net profit of operating public sector enterprises jumped 50.87 percent to ₹ 2.49 lakh crore during 2021-22, with ONGC, Indian Oil Corp, Power Grid, NTPC and SAIL emerging as the top five performers.
The net profit of operating central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) stood at ₹ 1.65 lakh crore in the previous fiscal.
The Public Enterprises Survey 2021-22 also revealed that the net loss of loss-making CPSEs narrowed to ₹ 0.15 lakh crore in FY 2021-22 from ₹ 0.23 lakh crore in FY 2020-21, showing a decrease of 37.82 percent.
Major loss-making CPSEs include Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL), Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Ltd (MTNL), Air India Assets Holding Ltd, Eastern Coalfields Ltd and Alliance Air Aviation Ltd.
S3. Ans. (d)
Sol. HDFC bank is partnering with Microsoft in the next phase of its digital transformation.
- The private sector lender is developing in-house IPs as well as partnering with several companies, including FinTechs, to co-create technology Ips.
- HDFC Bank will leverage Microsoft Azure to consolidate and modernise its enterprise data landscape through a Federated Data Lake to scale its information management capabilities across enterprise reporting and advanced analytics, using artificial intelligence.
HDFC Bank Static Facts:
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- MD & CEO: Shashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline: We Understand Your World
S4. Ans. (c)
Sol. FAME stands for “Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles”.
- 50 electric buses were launched in Delhi with support under the FAME India Phase II scheme of the Ministry of Heavy Industries. In 2019, the government approved Rs 10,000 crore for a period of three years.
- The Government formulated a Scheme namely FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles) in 2015, to improve the infrastructure required for the large-scale use of electric vehicles.
FAME Phase II:
- The government has approved Phase-II of the FAME Scheme with an outlay of Rs. 10,000 Crore for a period of 3 years commencing from 1st April 2019.
- Out of total budgetary support, about 86 percent of the fund has been allocated for Demand Incentive so as to create demand for xEVs in the country.
- Only advanced battery and registered vehicles will be incentivized under the scheme.
S5. Ans. (b)
Sol. Defense minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the Siyom bridge in Arunachal Pradesh, along with 27 other infrastructure projects completed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- Built at a cost of 724 crore rupees, these projects will hugely augment India’s border infrastructure, mostly along the Chinese border, from Ladakh to Arunachal.
Arunachal Pradesh Static Facts:
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief Minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: D. Mishra
- National Parks: Namdapha National park, Mouling National Park
- Folk Dances: Aji Lamu, Monpa
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Pakhui, Kane, Mehao, Dihang Wildlife Sanctuaries
S6. Ans. (b)
Sol. Captain Shiva Chauhan from the Corps of Engineers has been posted at a frontline post in Siachen Glacier, in the first such operational deployment of a woman Army officer at the world’s highest battlefield.
- Captain Shiva Chauhan hails from Rajasthan.
About Siachen Glacier:
- The Siachen glacier lies in the Karakoram Range.
- It is 75 km (47 miles) long, which makes it the second longest nonpolar glacier in the world, after Fedchenko Glacier in Tajikistan.
S7. Ans. (a)
Sol. The Defence Ministry has started the process for the procurement of 100 more K9-Vajra tracked self-propelled howitzers which are built in India by Larsen & Toubro (L&T) using technology transferred from South Korean defense major Hanwha Defence.
Larsen & Toubro Static Facts:
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd, commonly known as L&T, is an Indian multinational conglomerate company, with business interests in engineering, construction, manufacturing, technology, information technology and financial services.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1946
S8. Ans. (a)
Sol. World Braille Day marked on January 4, emphasizes the significance of Braille as a form of communication for the partially sighted and blind.
- The United Nations has been commemorating the day since 2019.
- World Braille Day also commemorates the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, who was born on January 4, 1809.
Details Related to Options:
- January 4 World Braille Day
- January 6 World Day of War Orphans
- January 9 Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas
- January 10 World Hindi Day
- January 12 National Youth Day
S9. Ans. (c)
Sol. Ministry of Electronics and IT has proposed to ban advertisements of online betting sites on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, as per draft rules for online gaming released.
- The Government of India is proposing a ban on the promotion of Online Betting on Social Media platforms.
- The Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021, have recently been recommended for revision by the Central government to control the Indian online gaming market.
- The suggestion was made to protect consumers from any harm that skill-based games might cause.
S10. Ans. (c)
Sol. The Small Finance Bank will be licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- The small finance bank shall be registered as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Objectives behind the Small Finance Banks formation:
- To further financial inclusion by:
- provision of savings vehicles.
- supply of credit to small business units; small and marginal farmers; micro and small industries; and other unorganized sector entities, through high technology-low cost operations.