Study Notes: Percentage and Profit & Loss For Bank PO
Candidates consider Quantitative Aptitude as one of the difficult and core subject for any banking exams. This sections if practiced well can be easy or may shock you anytime by raising the difficulty level.
We have already shared the study plan for IBPS PO in the form of KAR IBPS FATEH! and providing the daily quiz on the basis of the Study plan. Now we have also started a new initiative of Study notes. Today we are discussing the Percentage and profit and loss for Bank PO.
A percent is a fraction whose denominator is 100 and the numerator of the fraction is called rate percent
* Some important fractions of percentage:-
→ Different types of questions asked related to percentage are as follow:
* Type 1:-
* Type 2:-
* Approach to solve faster:-
Here, x = 8000 Rs and y = 20%
* Type 3:-
Ex) The salary of Suresh is first increase by 10% and then it is decreased by 10% What is charge in his salary?
* Type 4:-
* Type 5:-
* Type 6:-
* Type 7:-
Profit & Loss
→ Profit and loss are the terms related to monetary transactions in business.
→ Different terms used in profit and loss are as follow:-
– Cost price (CP)- This is the price at which an article is purchased.
– Selling price (SP):- This is the price at which an article is sold.
– Profit (SP > CP):- When an article is sold at a price more than its cost price, then profit is earned.
– loss (CP > SP):- When an article is sold at a price lower than its CP, then loss is incurred.
* Basic formulas:-
– Profit = SP – CP
– loss = CP – SP
Ex) Ashish buys a cycle for 2000 rs, but because of some urgent needs, he sells it for 1600 rs. Find his loss percent?
→ Different types of Questions asked and methods related to profit and loss are as follow:-