The knowledge of Static Awareness is very important for all govt. Examinations whether it is SSC, Banking or UPSC. The knowledge of Current Affairs and various important facts about different state can also give you an upper hand in interviews and cracking General Awareness section. Today, in brief, we will talk about the most naturally bestowed states in country i.e Uttarakhand.
Uttarakhand is a state situated in northern India. Formerly known as Uttrakhand, this state was formed out of the north-western districts of Uttar Pradesh and the Himalayas on 9 November 2000. Also refereed to as the Land of Gods, Uttrakhand is believed to be one of the most naturally bestowed states in India.
Chief Minister- Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor- Krishna Kant Paul
National Park in Uttarakhand:
1. Jim Corbett National Park
2. Valley Of Flowers National Park
3. Rajaji National Park
Name of Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS) in Uttarakhand:
1. Askot Musk Deer WLS
2. Nandhaur WLS
3. Binsar WLS
4. Govind Pashu Vihar WLS
5. Kedarnath WLS
6. Mussoorie WLS
7. Sonanadi WLS
Important Airport in Uttarakhand:
1. Jolly Grant Airport – Dehradun
2. The Pant Nagar Airport- Pantnagar of Udhamsinghnagar district
Important Fact about Uttarakhand:
1. Uttrakhand shares its borders with Tibet in the north, Uttar Pradesh in the south, Nepal in the east, Haryana in the west and Himachal Pradesh in the North West.
2. Nickname of Dehradun is School capital of India, Mussoorie is Queen of the Mountains and Rishikesh is City of Sages Yoga City.
3. As per the 2011 census, UK has estimated population of 1.01 Crores. Male-female ratio is 1000/963 in the state.