Here is the Daily GK Update of 02nd, 3rd and 4th October October 2021 covering the following news headlines: Namami Gange, Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama, Gandhi Jayanti, Asian Table Tennis Championship, Global Leadership Award 2021, 2021 Right Livelihood Award.
Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 02nd, 3rd and 4th October October 2021 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Top 22 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 22 important Daily General Knowledge GK 2021 updates with national & international news.
1. GoI launches ‘Waste to Wealth’ web portal
- The government of India has launched a web portal called “Waste to Wealth” to enhance cooperation for sustainable development through economy and community participation.
- The web portal will bring together technology providers, government stakeholders and urban local bodies to find solutions to India’s waste problems, mainly plastic waste.
- The portal has been launched by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser and inaugurated by the Principal Scientific Advisor K. Vijay Raghavan on October 02, 2021, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
2. Kiren Rijiju inaugurates India’s first Sports Arbitration Centre in Gujarat
- The Union Minister of Law and Justice, Kiren Rijiju has inaugurated the first Sports Arbitration Centre of India at Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- This Sports Arbitration Centre of India (SACI) will serve as an independent body to fast track disputes in the sports sector and serve as a mechanism to redress issues related to sports.
- The SACI will be promoted by Ahmedabad-based SE TransStadia Pvt Ltd. and all legal backing will be provided by the Ministry of Law and Justice. The SACI will have a far-reaching impact for the sports sector of the country by creating a reputation and establishing credibility for itself through the provision to settle disputes and other issues and concerns of the sports sector in a fast, transparent and very accountable manner.
3. World’s largest Khadi National Flag hoisted in Leh, Ladakh
- The world’s largest national flag, made up of Khadi cloth, has been installed in Leh, Ladakh, on the occasion of the 152nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 02, 2021.
- The Khadi national flag was inaugurated by Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur. The flag is made by Khadi Dyers and Printers based in Mumbai which is affiliated to the Khadi Village and Industries Commission.
- The tricolour is 225-feet long and 150-feet wide. It weighs around 1,000 kg.
- The flag has been prepared by the 57 Engineer Regiment of the Indian Army.
- The flag is the largest handwoven and handspun cotton khadi flag ever manufactured in India.
4. Najla Bouden Romdhane appointed as first woman PM of Tunisia
- Najla Bouden Romdhane has been appointed as the first-ever female Prime Minister of Tunisia. The 63-year-old has also become the first female prime minister in the whole Arab world.
- Prior to this appointment, Najla served in the education ministry in 2011. She is a geologist by profession and professor at the Tunis National School of Engineering.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- President of Tunisia: Kais Saied; Capital of Tunisia: Tunis.
- The currency of Tunisia: Tunisian Dinar.
5. Kangana Ranaut becomes brand ambassador of UP’s ODOP Scheme
- The Uttar Pradesh government led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has named veteran Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut as the brand ambassador of the ambitious “One District One Product (ODOP) scheme” of the state.
- CM Yogi also presented Kangana with a silver coin that was used for ‘Ram Janm Bhumi Pujan’.
- The UP government has launched the one district-one product (ODOP) programme with the aim to create product-specific traditional industrial hubs across 75 districts of the state.
- The scheme encourages such indigenous and specialized products and crafts of UP that are not found anywhere else.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- UP Capital: Lucknow;
- UP Governor: Anandiben Patel;
- UP Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath.
6. Amish Mehta appointed as new MD & CEO of CRISIL
- Amish Mehta has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of rating agency Crisil with effect from October 01, 2021. He has replaced Ashu Suyash. Crisil is owned by S&P.
- Mehta has more than two decades of leadership experience across industries and joined Crisil in October 2014 as President and Chief Financial Officer.
- In July 2017, he was elevated as the President and Chief Operating Officer, responsible for the global analytical centre, India research and SME, the global innovation and excellence hub and corporate strategy.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Crisil Founded: 1987;
- Crisil Headquarters: Mumbai.
7. Indian contingent departs for Sri Lanka joint exercise Mitra Shakti 21
- The 8th edition of the India – Sri Lanka bilateral joint Exercise “Mitra Shakti-21” is scheduled to take place at Combat Training School, Ampara in Sri Lanka from October 4 to 15, 2021.
- The aim of the exercise is to enhance interoperability and sharing best practices in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations between Armies of both countries and further strengthen the relationship between both the South Asian Nations.
- The exercise will involve tactical level operations at the sub-unit level in an international Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism environment and will go a long way in further strengthening the relationship between both the South Asian Nations and will act as a catalyst in bringing synergy and cooperation at the grass-root level between both Armies.
8. Paytm acquires 100% ownership of lending startup CreditMate
- Online payment services provider, Paytm has acquired a 100% stake in Mumbai-based digital lending startup CreditMate.
- However, the transaction details of the deal have not been disclosed. The Paytm Group will now be the 100% beneficial owners of the business, while the co-founders of CreditMate will exit the business.
- CreditMate was founded in 2019 by Jonathan Bill, Ashish Doshi, Swati Lad and Aditya Singh as a collection platform that helps lenders collect overdue payments from borrowers.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Paytm HQ: Noida, Uttar Pradesh;
- Paytm Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma;
- Paytm Founded: 2009.
9. PM Modi launches Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi virtually launched the Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh, on October 02, 2021, as a part of the flagship Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), launched in 2019.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission has been empowering women of the country by saving their time and efforts which was earlier consumed in covering long distances to fetch drinking water.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission App has been launched to improve awareness among stakeholders and for greater transparency and accountability of schemes under the Mission.
- Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) will enable individuals, institutions, corporations, or philanthropists, either in India or abroad, to contribute/donate to provide tap water connection in every rural household, school, Anganwadi centre, ashram shala, and other public institutions.
10. Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 announced
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 was awarded jointly to David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian “for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch.”
- These breakthrough discoveries launched intense research activities leading to a rapid increase in our understanding of how our nervous system senses heat, cold, and mechanical stimuli.
- The laureates identified critical missing links in our understanding of the complex interplay between our senses and the environment. The announcement was made by a panel at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.
- The prestigious award comes with a gold medal and 10 million Swedish kronor (over $1.14 million). The prize money comes from a bequest left by the prize’s creator, Swedish inventor Alfred Nobel, who died in 1895.
11. Indian Organisation LIFE receives 2021 Right Livelihood Award
- The Delhi-based environmental organisation “Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE)” has been felicitated with the 2021 Right Livelihood Award, an international honour, also known as Sweden’s alternative Nobel Prize.
- LIFE has been selected for the award for its “grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment.”
- The Right Livelihood Award comes with a cash prize of 1 million Swedish crowns ($115,000) and long-term support to highlight and expand Laureates’.
Apart from this, other three awardees who were also honoured include:
- Cameroonian women rights activist Marthe Wandou
- Russian environmental activist Vladimir Slivyak
- Canadian Indigenous rights defender Freda Huson
12. Shiv Nadar to be awarded Global Leadership Award 2021
- The US India Business Council (USIBC) has chosen Shiv Nadar and Mallika Srinivasan as the recipient of its 2021 Global Leadership Award.
- Shiv Nadar is the founder and chairman emeritus of HCL Technologies Limited. Mallika Srinivasan is the chair and managing director, Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited (TAFE).
- Both will be honoured at the 2021 India Ideas Summit to be held on October 6-7, 2021. The Global Leadership Awards which are given annually since 2007, honour top corporate executives from the United States and India.
13. Birendra Lakra and SV Sunil announces retirement from International Hockey
- S V Sunil, the veteran forward and star striker of India men’s field hockey team and Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian hockey star defender Birendra Lakra have announced their retirement from international hockey.
- The 31-year-old Lakra was part of the bronze medal-winning Indian side in the Tokyo Olympics 2020 as vice-captain. He has represented India in 197 games with 10 goals. The 32-year-old Sunil has scored 72 goals in 264 appearances for the national team.
14. Indian men’s team wins bronze medal in Asian Table Tennis Championship 2021
- The Indian men’s table tennis team claimed the bronze medal in the Asian Table Tennis Championships in Doha, Qatar, after losing to South Korea 0-3 in the semi-finals.
- The Indian team was assured of a medal after beating Iran 3-1 in the quarterfinals. Both the semifinalists secure a bronze. This is the second medal for India at the Asian Championships since 1976.
- The bronze medal-winning Indian team comprised of Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai, Sanil Shetty, and Manav Thakkar.
15. Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Remembering the Gandhi
- Every year 2nd October is celebrated as a Gandhi Jayanti to remember the birth anniversary of the father of our nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- The year 2021 marks the 152nd birth anniversary of the global peace icon who was born on 2 October 1869, in Porbandar in Gujarat.
- This day is referred to as Gandhi Jayanti in India. On 15 June 2007, the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish 2 October as the International Day of Non-Violence.
- The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence. The International Day is an occasion to “disseminate the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness”.
16. World Day for Farmed Animals: 02 October
- World Day for Farmed Animals (WDFA) is observed on October 02, which marks the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The day is organised by the International animals’ welfare organization, World Animal Protection along with Asia for Animals coalition to show the importance and urgency of farm animal welfare.
- The day is dedicated to exposing the needless suffering and death of farmed animals who are raised and slaughtered for food.
- World Day for Farmed Animals has been organized each year since 1983 by the Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), this year with the participation of Animal Justice, the Animal Law Firm, the Animal Activism Mentorship Program, Jewish Veg, Switch4Good, and Their Turn.
17. 67th National Wildlife Week on 02 to 08 October 2021
- National Wildlife Week is annually celebrated across India between 2nd to 8th October with an aim to protect and preserve the flora and fauna of India. The Wildlife Week 2021 is celebrated from 2nd October to 8th October.
- In 2021, we are celebrating 67th Wildlife Week. This year National Wildlife Week theme 2021: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
18. World Space Week: 04-10 October
- The World Space Week (WSW) is observed every year from October 4 to 10, to celebrate science and technology, and their contribution towards the betterment of the human condition.
- WSW was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on December 6, 1999. The 2021 theme is “Women in Space”!
19. World Habitat Day 2021: First Monday of October
- The United Nations designated the first Monday of October as World Habitat Day. In 2021, World Habitat Day is being celebrated on October 04.
- The day is commemorated every year worldwide to throw light on the condition of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter.
- The day is also intended to remind the world that we all have the power and the responsibility to shape the future of our cities and towns. The theme for 2021 World Habitat Day is “Accelerating urban action for a carbon-free world”.
20. Ghanshyam Nayak of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah passes away
- Veteran television actor Ghanashyam Nayak, who was famous for his role as Nattu Kaka in the TV series Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has passed away due to cancer.
- He was known for playing the role of Natwarlal Prabhashankar Undhaiwala AKA Nattu Kaka in the famous show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Apart from this, he has worked in over 100 Gujarati and Hindi films and around 350 Hindi television serials.
21. Union Minister Amit Shah flags off ‘Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama’
- Union Home Minister, Amit Shah flagged off All India Car Rally ‘Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama’ of the National Security Guard (NSG) on October 02, 2021, as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, to celebrate the 75th year of India’s Independence.
- The NSG’s car rally was flagged off from the historic Red Fort in Delhi. It will end on October 30, 2021, at the Police Memorial in New Delhi.
- The month-long campaign will cover a 7,500 kms long journey through 18 cities in 12 states, passing through important and historical places associated with the Freedom Movement and Freedom Fighters of the country. The rally has been organized under the aegis of the Union Home Ministry.
22. Centre declares Chacha Chaudhary as official Mascot of ‘Namami Gange’ Mission
- The iconic Indian comic book cartoon character, Chacha Chaudhary, whose brain works faster than a computer, has been declared as the official mascot for the centrally-sponsored NamamiGangeProgramme.
- An outlay of Rs. 2.26 crore has been dedicated to the project. The comics will initially be launched in Hindi, English and Bengali languages.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has tied up with Diamond Toons, the publisher of the Chacha Chaudhary comics, to conceptualize, develop and distribute the new comics, e-comics and animated videos featuring the cartoon character.
- Chacha Chaudhary has been chosen to especially connect children with the campaign of river cleanliness.
2nd, 3rd and 4th October Current Affairs 2021 | Current Affairs Today | Daily Current Affairs 2021
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!