Here is the Daily GK Update of 12th & 13th September 2021 covering the following news headlines: US Open 2021, Jeev Milkha Singh, In-SPACe, Sardardham Bhavan, Bhupendra Patel, World First Aid Day 2021.
Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of the important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 12th & 13th September 2021 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Top 15 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 15 important Daily General Knowledge GK 2021 updates with national & international news.
1. PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Sardardham Bhavan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Sardardham Bhavan in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, via video conferencing. He also performed the “Bhoomi Pujan” of the Sardardham Phase-II Kanya Chhatralaya (girls’ hostel) project.
- Both these establishments are dedicated to the “Iron Man of India,” Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The project is developed by the Vishwa Patidar Samaj.
- The state-of-the-art Sardardham Bhavan provides separate hostel facilities to girls and boys from rural areas who aspire for better career prospects.
- Phase I of the Sardardham Bhavan project is built over an area of 11,672 square feet at an estimated cost of Rs 200 crore, near the Vaishnodevi circle in the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar border area. It will house 1,600 students, including 800 boys and 800 girls.
- The Phase II of the Sardardham project is expected to house around 2,000 girl students. The project will be built at the cost of another Rs 200 crore.
2. India’s largest open air fernery opened in Uttarakhand
- India’s largest open-air fernery has been inaugurated in Ranikhet of Uttarakhand. The new centre will serve the dual objective of ‘conservation of fern species as well as ‘create awareness about their ecological role and promote further research.
- The fernery is home to a large number of fern species, some of which are endemic to the state, some hold medicinal value while some are threatened species that demand care and conservation.
- The Ranikhet fernery has around 120 different types of fern, spreads over four acres of land at an altitude of 1,800 metres.
- The facility has been developed under Central Government’s Compensatory Afforestation Management Funds Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) scheme, by the Research Wing of Uttarakhand Forest Department over a period of three years.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Founded: 9 November 2000;
- Uttarakhand Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh;
- Uttarakhand Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer).
3. BJP’s Bhupendra Patel named as new Gujarat Chief Minister
- Bhupendra Patel has been chosen as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat at the BJP legislature meeting. He is a BJP MLA from the Ghatlodia assembly seat in Ahmedabad. This comes after the resignation of Vijay Rupani from the post of CM of Gujarat.
- Bhupendra Patel holds a diploma in Civil Engineering and has held positions in Patidar trusts and organisations, including Sardar Dham and World Umiya Foundation, among others.
- He has been a standing committee chairman in the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and chairman of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat.
4. Yahoo Appoints Jim Lanzone as its new CEO
- The web service provider, Yahoo has named Jim Lanzone as its new chief executive officer (CEO). He was currently serving as the CEO of the Dating app Tinder.
- Jim Lanzone will replace Guru Gowrappan, to the post of Yahoo CEO. As for Tinder, Renate Nyborg has been appointed as the new CEO of the dating app to replace Lanzone.
5. Vijay Goel named as Vice Chairman of Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti
- Former Union Minister, Vijay Goel has been appointed as the Vice-Chairman of Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS). It is the site of the Martyrdom of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation.
- Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS) was formed in September 1984 as an autonomous body. It is functioning under constructive advice and financial support from the Ministry of Culture. It is located in New Delhi.
- The Prime Minister of India is the Chairperson of Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS). The objective of the Samiti is to propagate the life, mission and thought of Mahatma Gandhi through various socio-educational and cultural programmes.
6. Pawan Goenka appointed chairperson of In-SPACe
- Former managing director of Mahindra & Mahindra Pawan Kumar Goenka has been appointed as the chairperson of the Indian National Space Promotion Authorization Centre (In-SPACe). During his R&D tenure in M&M, he led the development of the Scorpio SUV.
- IN-SPACe functions as an independent nodal agency under the Department of Space, Government of India. Goenka, an IIT alumnus, had been associated with two major automobile companies – General Motors and Mahindra & Mahindra – in his professional career that spanned over four decades. He retired as the MD of the company on April 1, 2021, after spending 27 years with the Mahindra Group.
7. Adobe appoints Prativa Mohapatra as India MD and VP
- US tech giant Adobe has announced the appointment of Prativa Mohapatra as vice president and managing director for Adobe India.
- In this role, Mohapatra will lead Adobe’s India business across Adobe Experience Cloud, Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Document Cloud, reporting to Simon Tate, Adobe’s president for the Asia Pacific (APAC).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Adobe CEO: Shantanu Narayen;
- Adobe Founded: December 1982;
- Adobe Headquarters: California, United States.
Summits and Conferences News
8. India-Australia holds inaugural 2+2 ministerial dialogue
- India and Australia are undertaking their first-ever 2+2 ministerial dialogue at the Hyderabad House in New Delhi.
- The high-level foreign and defence ministerial-level dialogue will further ramp up the overall defence and strategic cooperation between the two countries, including in the Indo-Pacific cooperation amid China’s increasing military assertiveness in the region.
- The Indian delegation at inaugural ‘two-plus-two’ talks is being led by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh with their Australian counterparts Marise Payne and Peter Dutton, respectively. India has a 2-2 Ministerial-level meetings framework with very few countries, including the USA and Japan.
9. India’s first long-range nuclear missile tracking ship INS Dhruv commissioned
- India’s first nuclear-missile tracking ship, named INS Dhruv, has been commissioned from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- The 10,00 tonnes satellite and ballistic missile tracking ship has been built by the Hindustan Shipyard Limited in collaboration with the DRDO and National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
- INS Dhruv is capable of tracking nuclear missiles at a long range, which makes it useful to provide early warning of attacks by ballistic missiles launched from Pakistan and China.
- India now joins an elite list of countries consisting of France, the US, the UK, Russia, and China, who possess and operate such ships.
10. Susanna Clarke wins Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021
- Author Susanna Clarke won the Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021 for her novel ‘Piranesi’. Novelist and Booker-winner Bernardine Evaristo chaired the Women’s Prize judging panel this year.
- ‘Piranesi’ is narrated by a man living in a labyrinthine, statue-filled house — alone except for a visitor known as the Other — that comprises his whole universe. Susanna Clarke: English author known for her debut novel Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.
11. US Open 2021 Concludes: Complete List of Winners
- In the men’s category, Daniil Medvedev has lifted his first Grand Slam trophy after defeating Novak Djokovic 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 in the US Open men’s singles final at the Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York.
- In the women’s category, Great Britain’s tennis player Emma Raducanu defeated Canada’s Leylah Annie Fernandez to win the 2021 US Open women’s singles final title.
Here is the Complete List of Winners in Different Categories:
|S. No.||Category||Winner||Runner Up|
|1.||Men’s Singles||Daniil Medvedev||Novak Djokovic|
|2.||Women’s Singles||Emma Raducanu||Leylah Annie Fernandez|
|3.||Men’s Doubles||Ram/Salisbury||Jamie Murray/Bruno Soares|
|4.||Women’s Doubles||Stosur/Zhang||Coco Gauff/ McNally|
|5.||Mixed Doubles||Krawczyk/Salisbury||Giuliana Olmos/Marcelo Arevalo|
12. Daniel Ricciardo wins Italian Grand Prix 2021
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren, Australian-Italian) has won the Formula One Italian Grand Prix 2021 title held at Autodromo Nazionale Monza track, Italy. This is the first victory for McLaren in 9 years.
- Lando Norris came second while Valtteri Bottas came third in the F1 race. Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen crash out of Italian Grand Prix 2021 due to collision.
13. Jeev Milkha Singh becomes first golfer in world to be granted Dubai Golden Visa
- Star Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh has become the first professional golfer in the world to receive the prestigious 10-year Dubai Golden Visa in recognition of his outstanding achievements in the sport.
- The 49-year-old Jeev has had a long association with Dubai, having featured in several tournaments and making many friends in the city.
- Other sportspersons who have been granted the Golden Visa by Dubai include footballers Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba, Roberto Carlos, Luis Figo and Romel Lukaku, tennis superstar Novak Djokovic, Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and her husband and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik. Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Dutt have also received their visas.
14. World First Aid Day 2021: 11 September
- World First Aid Day is observed on the second Saturday of September every year. In 2021 the day is being observed on September 11, 2021. The day is an annual campaign aimed at promoting the importance of first aid training and increasing its accessibility to save more lives in a crisis.
- When a person suffers from minor or serious injury or illness, the first and immediate assistance given to the patient is termed as ‘First Aid’. The theme for World First Aid Day 2021 is ‘First aid and road safety’, according to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
15. United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation: 12 September
- International Day for South-South Cooperation is observed globally on 12th September every year. The day celebrates the economic, social and political developments made in recent years by regions and countries in the south.
- It also highlights the UN’s efforts to work on technical cooperation among developing countries.
- The history of the South-South cooperation begins in 1949 with the establishment of the UN technical aid programme by the Economic and Social Council and the creation of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in 1969.
12-13th September Current Affairs 2021 | Current Affairs Today | Daily Current Affairs 2021
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!