Recent times have changed our ways of learning. We are more focused towards technology and advanced ways. Whether it is the internet, videos or things like that, we have started trusting them more for our education. Though it is nowhere wrong too, as the world is growing and moving forward, we definitely need to take our ways forward too.
Among everything, what is left behind is the warmness of a book that one feels while soaking themselves into its pages. My grandma always used to emphasize and encourage the reader in me. Books give you the personal touch feeling in a conveniently packaged form. They have a permanency, once published they often live forever. You can hold the book, feel it and skim through the pages whenever you are at leisure.
You can just keep a book in hand, and it requires no electric requirement, just a lamp in case you are reading it at night. The Internet often confuses you by providing a million results of your query but books provide a single solution and help you remain focused. It reduces one’s anxiety and stress by helping you get immersed in a story. Your concentration level improves a lot when you develop reading habits.
Many people have praised the books in their quotes. Here are the 5 best we took out for you.
- “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
-Charles W. Eliot
- “That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”
- “Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.”
- “I love books. I adore everything about them. I love the feel of the pages on my fingertips. They are light enough to carry, yet so heavy with worlds and ideas. I love the sound of the pages flicking against my fingers. Print against fingerprints. Books make people quiet, yet they are so loud.”
- “Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.”
Summing up the greatness of books in a few quotes seems unrealistic, so we leave it up to you to pick a book, from BOOKISTAAN – the greatest book fair of 2020, experience it and let us know how you felt.
Don’t forget to use Code FAIR77 , to get some fair discounts on your purchase.
‘Disqus’ right in the comment box below.