Bank vs SSC! What is the difference in Salary?
Many government job aspirants are in dilemma about the difference in work profile, examination pattern and the most important aspect i.e. salary & perks of Banking & SSC Jobs. In this post we will discuss the difference in Bank PO Salary as compared to SSC CGL Salary.
In Banking sector, there are two most prominent jobs i.e. IBPS PO & IBPS Clerk while Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts two most prestigious exams i.e. SSC CGL & SSC CHSL.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 27 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
The designation of post under SSC CGL is equivalent to Bank PO while designation of posts under SSC CHSL is equivalent to Bank Clerk.
The salary structure of SSC jobs is governed by Union Government through pay commission while the salary structure of Bank officials is governed by Indian Banking Association through Bipartite settlement.
Here is the detailed comparison of Bank PO Salaries as compared to SSC CGL Salaries. The salary of Bank PO varies from Bank to Bank while the SSC CGL post and salary varies from post to post.
|Bank PO||SSC CGL (all posts)|
|Posts||IBPS RRB PO
(for Regional Rural Banks)
(for participating PSBs
|SBI PO||Upper Division Clerk, Tax Assistant,
|Auditor, Accountant||Assistant, Junior Statistical Officer,
Divisional Accountant, SI (NIA)
|Assistant Section Officer, Assistant,
Inspector of Income Tax, Inspector (Central Excise),
Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner),
Inspector Posts, Inspector (Narcotics),
|Assistant Accounts Officer
Assistant Audit Officer
|Basic pay / Pay Scale||23700||23700||27,620||Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)||Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300)||Pay Level 6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)||Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)||Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)|
|Gross Salary||35,000 – 40,000||40,000 – 45,000||50,000 – 55,000||39,555 (approx.)||44,772 (approx.)||53,514 (approx.)||66,909 (approx.)||70,716 (approx.)|
** The Sub Inspector in CBI gets 13 months salary.
- All figures mentioned above are in INR (Indian National Rupees).
- The Gross Salary component is approx. and may vary according to place & posts and additional allowances.
- Current Dearness Allowance (DA) of Central Government is 17% (w.e.f 1st July 2019).
You May Also Like To Read:
- SSC CGL 2019: APPLY ONLINE HERE
- SSC CGL 2019 Exam: Major Changes Announced In SSC CGL 2019-20[CLICK HERE]
- SSC CGL 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Click Here
- Click here to check SSC CGL 2019-20 Notification
- SSC CGL Cut Off 2018-19 | Check Cut Off
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2019
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2019
- SSC CGL Previous Year Exam Analysis