- World Economic Forum Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Founder and Executive Chairman: Mr. Klaus Schwab.
- Theresa May is the PM of the United Kingdom.
- Emirates Islamic, part of Emirates NBD Group, is one of the fastest growing banks in the UAE.
- Emirates Islamic Bank was established in 2004.
- BSE MD & CEO: Ashishkumar Chauhan.
i. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) cut its economic growth forecasts for India by 20 basis points (bps) each from its January predictions to 7.3% for FY20 and 7.5% for the next fiscal.
ii. Citing persistent risks from the trade war, it lowered 2019 global growth forecast by 20 basis points to 3.3%, the weakest since 2009 when the subprime crisis had flared up.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for LIC AAO Exam:
- The IMF’s FY20 growth forecast for India is lower than the World Bank’s (7.5%) and the Asian Development Bank’s (7.2%).
- MD of IMF- Christine Lagarde, Headquarters in- Washington DC, USA.
Ranks and Reports