1. President Kovind Inaugurates 13th Annual Convention of CIC
ii. All the present and former Chief Information Commissioners, Information Commissioners of the Central Information Commission, State Information Commission, RTI activists and NGOs associated with the implementation of the RTI Act attended the Convention.
2. Central University of Jammu Signs MoU With ISRO
- Chairman of ISRO: Dr. K Sivan.
- Headquarters of ISRO– Bengaluru, Karnataka.
3. NITI Aayog’s AIM & IBM India Design Industry-Tailored Student Internship Programme
ii. The internship will see 38 students receive a two-week paid internship, and 14 teachers from Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) across the length and breadth of the country including from states such as Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and others, to come together and ideate, collaborate and innovate.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
4. Delhi, Moscow Sign Twin-City Agreement
ii. The agreement was signed by Minister of the Moscow City government and head of its international relations Sergey Cheremin and Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Indian Bank PO Exam 2018-
- Delhi CM: Arvind Kejriwal, Lt. Governor: Anil Baijal.
5. First India-Israel Innovation Centre Opens in Bengaluru
ii. The IIIC is a significant step towards facilitating penetration of Israeli companies in India and aims to forge local partnerships and joint ventures between companies from the two countries.
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem, Currency: Israeli new shekel.
6. NSE Signs Pact With Uttarakhand Govt to Fuel MSMEs Growth in State
ii. The bourse will play an active role in nurturing the SMEs and start-ups by increasing awareness along with the government on the opportunities to raise capital, SME exchange guidelines, listing processes, compliances with listing agreement among others.
- Uttarakhand State Governor: Baby Rani Maurya, CM:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Malaysia Capital: Kuala Lumpur, Currency: Malaysian ringgit.
ii. Singapore topped the poll after it was highly rated for its universal health care system, education exams results and life expectancy figures. It is followed by South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Finland. India was ranked at the 115th position lower than Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- SBI Chairman– Rajnish Kumar, Headquarters– Mumbai.