1. Union Government Releases Analytical Report of National Health Profile 2018
- The National Health Resource Repository is the country’s first ever national healthcare facility registry of authentic, standardised and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare establishments.
- J P Nadda is the present Health Minister of India.
2. Graded Response Action Plan Comes Into Force In Delhi To Combat Air Pollution
- Delhi CM: Arvind Kejriwal, Lt. Governor: Anil Baijal.
ii. This Fair has played a vital role in increasing exports of handicrafts from the country and has acquired a special importance for the handicrafts sector. The fair is participated by 3200 exhibitors from over 110 countries.
- Smriti Irani is the present Union Minister of Textiles.
- IHGF is amongst Asia’s largest gifts & handicrafts fair, held biannually (Spring & Autumn edition) and is organised by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).
- Ajay Tamta is Member of Parliament (MP) from Almora, Uttarakhand constituency.
- Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya.
- Conrad Sangma is Chief Minister of Meghalaya.
- Tathagata Roy is Governor of Meghalaya.
- Capitals of Sri Lanka: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency of Sri Lanka: Sri Lankan rupee
- President of Sri Lanka: Maithripala Sirisena
- ASEAN stands for Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- ASEAN is amongst the fastest growing markets in the world and presents substantial trade and investments opportunities for India.
- ASEAN has emerged as the second largest trade partner of India in 2017-18 with bilateral trade valued at US$ 81.33 billion, comprising 10.58% of India’s total trade with the world.
ii. According to the Indian Embassy in Beijing, Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan, Vinay Kumar hosted 10 Afghan Diplomats who will be travelling to India for the 1st India-China joint training programme for Afghan diplomats under the aegis of the Trilateral Cooperation between India, China and Afghanistan.
9. Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas: 15 October
- National Farmers’ Day (Kisan Diwas/Chaudhary Charan Singh Jayanti)- 23rd December.
i. Inflation-based wholesale prices rose to a two-month high of 5.13% in September, mainly due to the hardening of food prices and the rise in the cost of petrol and diesel. The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation stood at 4.53% in August and 3.14% in September last year.
- UN Food and Agriculture Organisation Headquarters in Italy, Rome.
ii. The other teams in the tournament were Japan, Australia, Malaysia and New Zealand. Great Britain, who finished runners-up last year, secured their second Sultan of Johor Cup title by virtue of this win.
- Malaysia Capital: Kuala Lumpur, Currency: Malaysian ringgit.
- The capital of Dominican Republic: Santo Domingo, Currency: Dominican Peso.