1. 1st International Exhibition of Graphic Prints ‘Print Biennale India 2018’ Inaugurated
ii. The first-ever International Exhibition of Graphic Prints ‘Print Biennale India 2018’ opened, at the Rabindra Bhavan Galleries of the Lalit Kala Akademi in New Delhi. The eminent Artist-Printmaker, Shakti Barman was the Chief Guest.
- Dr Mahesh Sharma is the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Culture.
ii. The scheme will help to increase productive employment from 85 lakhs to 1 crore persons by 2020. The scheme aims to achieve self-sufficiency in silk production by 2022. The scheme will be implemented by the Ministry through Central Silk Board.
- Smriti Irani is the Union Textiles Minister of India.
ii. Mr Kovind was welcomed by State Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at the Varanasi Airport (Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport).
- Nitin Gadkari is the Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways.
6. ISA and India Sign Host Country Agreement
ii. The Agreement will give ISA a juridical personality and gives it power to contract, to acquire and dispose off movable and immovable properties, to institute and defend legal proceedings.
- The International Solar Alliance is an initiative jointly launched by the PM Modi and President of France on 30th November 2015 in Paris, France.
- The ISA became the first international intergovernmental treaty-based organization to be headquartered in India.
7. London Based Organisation SACF Wins Frederick Pincott Award
ii. The SACF has been doing commendable work for nearly two decades to promote Hindi and regional Indian cinema in the UK.
- Lalit Mohan Joshi is the Director of SACF.
- The SACF was set up in London in January 2000.
ii. Electricity production stood at 1,003.525 Billion Unit between April 2017-January 2018, according to a February 2018 report by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), a trust established by the commerce ministry.
2. The USA
9. India Becomes 4th Largest Auto Market in the World
i. The government of India has come out with the total number of beggars in the country. As per the data, based on 2011 census released by Union ministry of Social Justice, there are around 4 lakh beggars in total. The highest number of beggars, 81,000, are in West Bengal.
ii. Lakshadweep, a union territory, has only two people (Least) begging for their livelihood. West Bengal is followed by Uttar Pradesh and Bihar at number two and three respectively.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- Thawar Chand Gehlot is the Social Justice Minister of India.
11. Equitas Bank Ties Up With CSK
- Part-time Chairman of Equitas Small Finance Bank- Arun Ramanathan, Headquarters in- Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
12. JS Rajput Nominated India’s Representative to UNESCO’s Executive Board
ii. The executive board is one of the constitutional organs of UNESCO and is elected by the General Conference. The next meeting of Executive Board of UNESCO is to be held in Paris, France in April 2018.
- UNESCO- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- France’s Audrey Azoulay- 11th DG of UNESCO, Headquarters- Paris, France.
- Australia Capital- Canberra, Currency- Australian Dollar, Prime Minister- Malcolm Turnbull.
14. Sebastian Vettel Wins Australian Grand Prix
15. Pankaj Advani Wins Asian Billiards Championships Title
- Myanmar State Counsellor– Aung San Suu Kyi, Capital- Naypyidaw.
- Pankaj Advani won the Arjuna Award in 2004, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2006, and Padma Shri in 2009.
16. India U-16 Win Hong Kong Football Tournament
- Hong Kong is an autonomous territory, and former British colony, in southeastern China.