ii. The RBI stated that its monetary policy will continue to be guided by the objective of achieving medium-term target for retail inflation of 4%.
- Urjit Patel- 24th Governor of RBI, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 1st April 1935, in Kolkata.
2. ISRO To Outsource Production Of PSLVs and SSLVs To Private Industries
- Dr K Sivan is Chairman of ISRO.
- ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organization.
- Headquarters of ISRO– Bengaluru, Karnataka.
3. Cabinet Approves Earth Sciences Ministry’s Umbrella Scheme ‘O-SMART’
- Nitin Jairam Gadkari is the present Minister of Shipping of India.
4. India and ADB Sign $375 Million Loan to Improve Irrigation Efficiency in Madhya Pradesh
ii. The Madhya Pradesh Irrigation Efficiency Improvement Project will develop 125,000 hectares of new, highly efficient and climate resilient irrigation networks and improve water use efficiency in more than 400 villages, benefiting over 800,000 people in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development Bank established in 1966.
- Headquarters of ADB is in Manila, Philippines.
- Takehiko Nakao is Present President of the Asian Development Bank.
5. MoU Signed Between Department of Biotechnology and International Energy Agency
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan is the Minister, for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- The group was formed in 1997 and it brings together Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand.
- The grouping accounts for 22 per cent of the global population.
- Nepal is the current chair of BIMSTEC.
Asian Games 2018
8. Arpinder Singh Wins Gold In Triple Jump
9. Swapna Barman, 1st Indian Heptathlete To Win Gold In Asian Games
- The Host cities for Asian Games 2018 are Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia.
- Bhin Bhin, Kaka, and Atung are the mascots of the 2018 Asian Games.