- General Bipin Rawat is the present Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army.
- Morocco Capital: Rabat, Currency: Moroccan dirham.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba is the 23rd and present Chief of Naval Staff.
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh will take over as the 24th Navy chief on 31st May, 2019.
i. State-run power giant National Thermal Power Corporation has inked a term-loan agreement with Canara Bank to raise Rs 2,000 crore, which would be used to part finance its capital expenditure.
ii. The loan has a door to door tenure of 15 years and will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of the NTPC.
- Mr Ratan Naval Tata is the Emeritus Chairman of TATA Steels.
i. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred President’s Certificate of Honour and Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards at New Delhi. The award of the Certificate of Honour was introduced in the year 1958 to honour the scholars of Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian Languages.
ii. Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Sammandistinction is conferred on persons in recognition of their substantial contribution in the field of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu and Classical Malayalam. The award was introduced in the year 2002.
- World Bank President: David Malpass, Headquarters in: Washington DC, USA, Established in: 1944.
You may also like to Read: