The General Awareness Section plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks in any competitive exam. The Banking Awareness and Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs mainly. So you need to prepare well this section to score good marks. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
- The Arctic Council, a high level intergovernmental organisation set up in 1996 to promote cooperation, coordination and interaction among the Arctic States and protect the Arctic environment.
- The Arctic Council is formed of eight circumploar countries- Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Canada, US and Russia.
- India has its Arctic research station ‘Himadri’ in Svalbard, Norway since 2008.
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel, Governor: Anandiben Patel.
- With the induction of the women commando contingent, the number of platoons of the DRG in Dantewada now stands at six.
5. India and China Sign Protocol For Export of Indian Chilli Meal
i. Commerce Secretary, Anup Wadhawan and Vice Minister, General Administration of Customs of China (GACC), Li Guo, held a meeting in New Delhi to discuss trade-related issues of pending Indian request for clearance of agricultural products.
ii. Both sides agreed to resolve market access issues expeditiously in order to achieve the vision of the leaders of both India and China by promoting a more balanced trade. At the end of the meeting, a protocol was signed for export of chilli meal from India to China.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO Mains 2019:
- China Capital: Beijing, Currency: Renminbi, President: Xi Xinping.
- Vietnam Capital: Hanoi, Currency: Vietnamese dong, Vice President: Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh.
Singapore’s Parliament passed a law to curb the spread of fake news under which offenders may face up to 10-year jail or fines of up to S$1 million (over Rs5.12 crore). The law empowers the government to direct social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to carry corrections or remove content it considers to be fake news.
हिंदी में पढ़े