| Updated On November 14th, 2019 at 03:41 pm
FCI is all set to conduct FCI Manager Phase I Exam 2019 on 28th November 2019. FCI Manager Notification 2019 was released in the month of September. Food Corporation of India Manager Notification 2019 is released to recruit 330 vacancies. FCI Manager Phase I admit card has been released All the aspirants who are about to appear for FCI Manager must go through the FCI Manager Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Knowing the complete details of Exam Pattern and Syllabus for FCI Manager will give you an insight of the topics and provide your preparation a kick start for FCI Manager Exam 2019.
Managers will be recruited for different departments under FCI namely General, Depot, Technical, Movement, Accounts, Civil Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, and Hindi. Read all the details regarding Food Corporation of India (FCI) Manager 2019 including exam pattern, syllabus, salary, and more.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 27 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
FCI Important Dates 2019
FCI Manager online registration will start from 28th September 2019. Candidates can look into the important dates below.
|Online Registration Starting Date||28th September 2019 (from 10:00 AM)|
|Online Registration End Date||27th October 2019 (Till 16:00 hrs)|
|Downloading of Call Letters||10 days prior to the exam|
|Preliminary Examination dates||28th November 2019|
|Main Examination (Phase-II)||To be Notified Later|
FCI Manager 2019 Exam Pattern
FCI conducts exam for the post of manager in three stages: phase I, phase II and interview. FCI Manager phase I and phase II exam is online in nature. Here is the pattern for both phase I (preliminary) and phase II (Mains) examination.
FCI Manager Phase I (Preliminary) Exam Pattern
The online test of phase I is common for all the post of manager. The duration is fixed for every section and there is also sectional cut-off to select candidates for phase II of FCI Manager. Also, for every wrong answer, a penalty of 1/4th of marks for a question will be deducted. The exam structure for phase I is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Medium||Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||Hindi & English||20 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability||35||35||Hindi & English||20 minutes|
FCI Manager Phase II (Mains) Exam Pattern
The phase II or mains of FCI Manager exam is conducted online but it is not common for all like the preliminary examination. There is no negative marking in FCI Manager Phase II mains exams. Here is the pattern of FCI Manager Phase II exam is as follows:
|Number of Papers||Post Code||Post||Note|
|Paper I Only||A||Manager (General)|
|Paper I and Paper-II||D||Manager (Accounts)||Candidates applying for any ONE of the post code D, E, F and G will appear in Paper-I to be followed by Paper-II. ONLINE TEST for Paper – I & Paper – II shall be held in a single sitting.|
|F||Manager (Civil Engineering)|
|G||Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)|
|Paper III and Paper IV||H||Manager (Hindi)||Candidates applying for Post code H will appear in Paper-III to be followed by Paper-IV. ONLINE TEST for Paper – III & Paper-IV shall be held in single sitting.|
Here is the details about the mains paper:
Paper I: This contains 120 multiple choice questions that carry 1 marks each and the duration for this paper is 90 minutes.
Paper II: This paper consist of 60 multiple choice question that carries 2 marks each with 60 minutes duration
Paper III (For Manager(hindi)): Paper III is for the post code H that is for Manager (Hindi) and contains 120 questions, each carrying 1 marks with a duartion of 90 minutes.
Paper IV: Paper IV is specified for the post of Manager (Hindi) and have passages to translate from hindi to english, english to hindi, essay, precis writing. Each of them carries 30 marks and a total of 120 marks. The duration of paper is 90 minutes.
FCI Manager 2019 Syllabus
FCI Manager Syllabus 2019 for mains is well-defined but according to the official notification, there is no defined syllabus of preliminary examination. Here is the detailed examination syllabus for FCI Manager 2019.
FCI Manager 2019 Prelims Syllabus
FCI Manager 2019 has a syllabus as similar to some of the banking examination. It consist of three sections: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English. It is an objective test with a penalty of 1/4th for every wrong answer.
FCI Manager 2019 Mains Syllabus
The syllabus of FCI Manager 2019 is well-defined. As we know there are four papers for FCI Manager’s various post. Here is the detail of the respective papers:
Paper I contains 120 multiple choice questions that includes question of general aptitude: Reasoning, Data analysis, Computer awareness, Management; Current affairs. It is for the post of FCI Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering. It has a total of 90 minutes duration.
Paper II contains 60 multiple choice questions in 60 minutes. The question for paper II comes from diversified area for different post. Here is the detail:
1. Manager (Accounts): General Accounting and finance.
2. Manager (Technical): Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering & Bio Technology.
3. Manager (Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering): Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering.
The syllabus for specified technical posts for Paper-II to assess the post specific technical knowledge of relevant stream is as under:
I. Manager (Accounts) (Post Code-D):
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management: Analysis of Financial statement, Budgeting & Budgetary control, Working Capital management, Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc, and Goods & Services Tax.
Auditing: Auditing Concepts and Methods, Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: Contract Act, Companies Act, Sales of Goods Act, Negotiable Instrument Act, Consumer Protection Act, and RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: Operating System, Browsers, Email, Memory (Internal, External, portable), Chats, Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and Networks.
II. Manager (Technical) (Post Code-E):
- Agricultural: Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition(Animal & Plant), Post harvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Food grain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
- Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
- Entomology: Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, integrated Post Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests.
- Chemistry-Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alcohols,
aldehydes and acids , Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
III. Manager (Civil Engineering) (Post Code-F):
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology: Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings, Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
- Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement etc.
- Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Labor safety and welfare.
- Surveying: Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry, Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
- Soil/Geotechnical Engineering: Classification of soil , Field identification tests , water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
- Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats etc.
- Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts and use of Computer Aided Design.
- Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures: Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc.
- Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
IV. Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code-G):
- Heat Transfer
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Design,
Strength of Materials
- Engineering Materials
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Planning and Control Material handling
- Electrical Circuits
- Network theorems
- EM Theory
- Material Science (Electric Materials)
- Electrical Measurements
- Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production and Transmissions)
- Electro mechanics
- Control Systems
- Electronics and Communications
- Estimation and costing
- Use of computers.
The syllabus for Paper III & IV is for the post of Manager(Hindi)
Paper-III (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks)
120 Multiple Choice Questions on General Hindi, General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence, Computer Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for candidates applying for the Post Code (H) Manager (Hindi).
Paper-IV (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks) (Subjective Test):
- 01 Passage for translation from Hindi to English (30 Marks)
- 01 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
- 01 essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
- 01 Precis Writing in English (30 Marks).
For appearing in Paper-IV Manager (Hindi) candidate should be able to use the following keyboard layouts:
2. Remington (GAIL)
All the best !!