Bank PO Full Form is Bank Probationary Officer. Every year lacs of aspirants appear in the Bank PO or the Probationary Officer examination to have a promising career in Banking Industry. They prepare for the examination with extreme hard work and complete dedication to enter the Bank as a PO. But why so? Bank PO is managerial level posts and candidates work as Assistant Managers after the probation period ends in banks.
Bank PO Full Form
The “PO” is an acronym of Probationary Officer. So, the “Bank PO” means a Probationary Officer in a bank.
|IBPS||Institute of Banking Personal Selections|
|CRP||Common Recruitment Process|
|RRB||Regional Rural Banks|
Join Latest Live Batches to Prepare for Bank Exams
- CHAMPION | REASONING BATCH | Bilingual | Live Class
- ANGREZI MEDIUM | ENGLISH LANGUAGE BATCH | BILINGUAL | LIVE CLASSES
Who is a Probationary Officer in a bank?
When a person joins a bank branch as an officer, the entry level position assigned to her by the Bank is called “Probationary Officer”. A Probationary Officer in a bank generally goes through a probation period of two years in which she/he will be trained in various areas to manage the daily banking activities of the bank branch in the coming future. After successful completion of the two years training during her probation period, she is promoted to the position of Assistant Manager in a bank branch.
Bank PO Roles ands Responsibilities
A Probationary Officer in a Bank is normally expected to take care of general banking activities and its administration. They are also required to learn the procedures of the daily banking activities and also to acquaint the practical knowledge in accounting, finance, billing as well as investment. After successfully completing their training, Probationary Officers are entitled to the post of Assistant Manager in a Bank branch.
|IBPS Calendar 2020-21: Check IBPS Exam Dates, Schedules, Download PDF||IBPS PO 2020 Detailed Syllabus for Prelims and Mains||IBPS PO Final Result 2020-Check Final Result Date at @ibps.in|
- As an Assistant Manager of a Bank branch, officer is responsible for various activities like daily customer transactions for example passing a cheque, draft issuance, cash management etc. Officers are responsible to enhance the business activities of the assigned bank branch. The business activities constitutes of managing the cash flows of the bank branch by attracting people to open accounts and disbursing loans to potential players.
- Officer is also entitled to handle customer complaints and resolving them successfully in a given time period. It can be rectification of undue charges, issues in individual accounts as well as complaints regarding services provided by the bank.
- The job role of a Probationary Officer in a Bank consists of various other interesting prospects like issuing the cheque books, Demand Drafts and ATM cards along with responsibility of managing the loan related documents and performing the on-site visits of the loan taking parties as per requirement.
Bank PO Career Prospects
A Probationary officer of a bank has very lucrative career prospects. A Probationary officer can reach to the apex position i.e. Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the bank after serving in a bank for years while playing various roles in the whole career ladder.
A career ladder of a Probationary officer of a bank is as follows:
- Assistant Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Branch Manager
- Senior Branch Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager (AGM)
- Deputy General Manager (DGM)
- General Manager (GM)
Bank PO Recruitment Process
Though some banks organizes the recruitment drive on their own to recruit the aspirants as the Probationary Officer, generally “Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)” is entitled to do the recruitment of Staff in Public Sector Banks & Regional Rural Banks.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a pioneer banking recruitment body which is responsible for recruiting the aspirants as the Probationary Officer through prominent examinations like “IBPS PO” for Public Sector Banks, “IBPS RRB PO” for Regional Rural Banks.
You may also like to read:
- Current Affairs & Daily GK Updates 2020
- Latest GK and Current Affairs Questions With Answers For All Bank Exam
SBI PO 2020 | Everything You Need to Know About SBI PO Exam!