Q1. Which public sector bank (PSB) has recently partnered with OneCard to introduce state-of-the-art, mobile-first, contactless, metal-cobranded credit cards?
(a) Bank of India
(b) Indian Bank
(c) Indian Overseas Bank
(d) Bank of Maharashtra
(e) Union Bank of India
Q2. India’s shooting contingent finished its campaign at the ISSF World Championship 2023 in Baku, Azerbaijan, with 14 medals – six gold and eight bronze. Which ISSF World Championships edition was that?
Q3. The International Day of Charity is observed on September 5. The International Day of Charity is observed to commemorate the day of the passing away of whom?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Gautam Buddha
(c) Mother Teresa
(e) Martha Nussbaum
Q4. The 15th BRICS summit held significant importance against the backdrop of geopolitical changes and global economic dynamics. What was the venue of the 15th BRICS summit?
(a) Salvador, Brazil
(b) Saint Petersburg, Russia
(c) Shanghai, China
(d) Johannesburg, South Africa
(e) Cape Town, South Africa
Q5. Ahmed Hussen was the chair and co-host of the Seventh Assembly of the Global Environment Facility. Who hosted the 7th assembly of the Global Environment Facility?
Q6. Who has recently been elected as the 30th Prime Minister (PM) of Thailand after winning a joint vote of the bicameral parliament?
(a) Srettha Thavisin
(b) Prayut Chan
(c) Palarang Pracharat
(d) Thanom Kittikachorn
(e) Sarit Thanarat
Q7. Which day is observed as the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition?
(a) August 21
(b) August 22
(c) August 23
(d) August 24
(e) August 25
Q8. Who is the author of the book titled “Prism: The Ancestral Abode of Rainbow” released from the rocket launchpad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh?
(a) Sanjukta Das
(b) Vinod Mankara
(c) Gautaam Borah
(d) Nirmala James
(e) AK Dwivedi
Q9. To build and operate a solar photovoltaic power plant in Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, the Asian Development Bank signed an agreement with Fourth Partner Energy Private Limited, an Independent Power Producer (IPP). The agreements worth _________?
(a) Rs 4.2 Billion
(b) Rs 1.2 Billion
(c) Rs 2.2 Billion
(d) Rs 5.2 Billion
(e) Rs 3.2 Billion
Q10. ‘Infinity Savings Account’, a first-of-its-kind fully Digital fixed fee-based savings account with no paperwork or branch visits, was launched by which bank?
(a) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(b) IndusInd Bank
(c) Axis Bank
(d) Yes Bank
(e) HDFC Bank
S1. Ans. (b)
Sol. Indian Bank has partnered with OneCard to introduce state-of-the-art, mobile-first, contactless, metal-cobranded credit cards.
- OneCard is a metal credit card designed exclusively for mobile use that FPL Technologies launched and manages in collaboration with issuer banks.
S2. Ans. (d)
Sol. ISSF World Championship 2023 was the 53rd edition of the Championship.
- India’s shooting contingent finished its campaign at the ISSF World Championship 2023 in Baku, Azerbaijan, with 14 medals – six gold and eight bronze.
- India’s shooting contingent finished its campaign at the ISSF World Championship 2023 in Baku, Azerbaijan, with 14 medals – Six gold and eight bronze.
- ISSF World Championship 2023 is also a qualifying event for the Paris 2024 Olympics.
- The Indian shooters also obtained four quotas for the Paris 2024 Olympics at the Baku meet.
S3. Ans. (c)
Sol. The International Day of Charity is celebrated on September 5 to commemorate the day of the passing away of the great missionary Mother Teresa.
- The day aims to raise awareness and provide a common platform for charity-related activities all over the world for individuals, and charitable, philanthropic and volunteer organizations. It is a day of global observance and is observed on an annual basis.
S4. Ans. (d)
Sol. The 15th BRICS summit was held in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- The 15th BRICS summit hosted by South Africa in Johannesburg, holds significant importance against the backdrop of geopolitical changes and global economic dynamics.
- Notably, this summit marks the first in-person gathering since 2019.
- The theme for the 15th BRICS Summit was “BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Mutually Accelerated Growth, Sustainable Development, and Inclusive Multilateralism”.
S5. Ans. (c)
Sol. Canada hosted the 7th assembly of the Global Environment Facility.
- Environmental leaders from 185 countries gathered in Vancouver, Canada for the Seventh Assembly of the Global Environment Facility from August 22-26.
- It included the launch of the Global Biodiversity Framework Fund, a new source of funding for protecting species and ecosystems globally. The GEF was selected to manage the new fund at the COP15 Convention on Biological Diversity summit in December 2022 and its governing Council approved plans for this in June 2023 in Brasilia.
S6. Ans. (a)
Sol. Srettha Thavisin has recently been elected as Thailand’s 30th Prime Minister (PM) after winning a joint vote of the bicameral parliament.
S7. Ans. (c)
Sol. The International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is observed on August 23.
- On the night of 22 to 23 August 1791, in Saint Domingue, today the Republic of Haiti, saw the beginning of the uprising that would play a crucial role in the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade.
- It is against this background that the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is commemorated on 23 August each year.
- It was first celebrated in a number of countries, in particular in Haiti (23 August 1998) and Gorée Island in Senegal (23 August 1999).
- This International Day is intended to inscribe the tragedy of the slave trade in the memory of all peoples.
S8. Ans. (b)
Sol. National award-winning filmmaker-writer Vinod Mankara’s new book was released from the rocket launchpad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
Details Related to Options:
- Sanjukta Das: Lockdown Lyrics
- Gautaam Borah: ‘Nalanada – Until we meet again’
- Nirmala James: K. Janaki Ammal: Life and Scientific Contributions
- AK Dwivedi: Human Anatomy
S9. Ans. (b)
Sol. The agreement is worth Rs 1.2 Billion.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Fourth Partner Energy Private Limited (Fourth Partner) signed a long-term loan of up to 1.2 billion Indian rupees (about $14.7 million) to construct and operate a 25-megawatt solar photovoltaic-based power plant to increase clean and low-cost energy supply to commercial and industrial customers.
- The power plant, located in Tirunelveli district in the state of Tamil Nadu in India, is expected to generate about 50.7 gigawatt-hours of electricity annually and will directly sell power to commercial and industrial users.
Asian Development Bank Static Facts:
- Founded: 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines
- Member Countries: 68
S10. Ans. (c)
Sol. Axis Bank launched ‘Infinity Savings Account’, a first-of-its-kind fully Digital fixed fee-based savings account with no paperwork or branch visits.
Axis Bank Static Facts:
- Founded: 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry