How should I prepare for IBPS PO along with my private job?
Do I need to resign or quit my job for the preparation of IBPS PO?
How to manage time while preparing for IBPS PO along with a job?
Is it possible to compete with students who are preparing at home and giving most of the hours to studies?
Most of the working aspirants must be asking these questions to themselves. Isn’t it? Any competitive exam candidate who is already working somewhere may go through such an emotional turmoil during her preparation phase. And the only answer to these questions is, “Yes!! You can.” You don’t need to quit your job. Every year, so many working professionals successfully clear these competitive exams. Not everyone gets the job they love or think they love, so, sometimes, they take jobs they really didn’t want to go for, in order to make money and just grind through the day, weeks and months for the monthly pay. But then, government jobs are still the most preferred options for most of the people. Getting a government job is still considered to be a great achievement for various reasons. And the reason is quite obvious that the government jobs do provide you with a secure future, a great annual salary, fantastic perks, seniority-based promotions, etc. And that’s the reason why you prepare for these jobs along with continuing your private job.
You may not find many hours for your preparations if you are a full time working professional. A full time job may consume 8-10 hours of your daily schedule. And if you are serious about your preparations then you really need to manage your study time to get through this year’s IBPS PO 2018 Exam. You will have to make a plan to schedule your everyday activities. You will have to make your mind up about the time that is to be given to your studies and the time that you will be giving to other daily activities. Time division is really important if you are a working professional and simultaneously preparing for IBPS PO Exam.
Following are the prerequisites for the effective time management to prepare for IBPS PO Exam 2018:
• The first and the most important thing to start your preparations is to collect quality study material (online/offline, depends upon your ease). E-books, Hardcopy books, and Online study material is a better option to those who are working and find it hard to carry books to have a cursory glance at, in your free time.
• Make a separate list of topics that you are good at and the topics that seem difficult to deal with. Much of the preparation time is to be given to the topics that you are weak at.
• Get the Test Series activated for IBPS PO 2018 Exam. It not only helps you assess your progress but also guides you to manage to attempt the maximum number of questions within the given time limit. The real examination doesn’t seem outlandish to you after you have already attempted enough of test series of the same difficulty level. We also provide you with Video Solutions with selected IBPS Test Series.
• You can make a plan as per your subject preferences, and after you are done with a particular topic you can choose to attempt a test on that particular subject to assess your progress.
• Avoid wasting time on unnecessary activities as you will have enormous time for them after you have secured your future with a reputed government job.
• Do not simply waste your time while traveling. You can attempt quizzes while traveling or read newspapers too. Reading an English Newspaper will help you deal with two important sections viz. General Awareness, and English Section.
• For time management, you need to make a plan and follow it strictly as you are a working professional and you won’t be left with much of time for your studies after you return from work. Not having a proper study plan may lead to wastage of your precious time on unimportant activities and you will be left with zero time for your studies at the end of the day.
• If you think you lack somewhere in any of the subjects or topics, you can join Classroom Programs too. If you do not get time for classes on weekdays, you can join weekend batches too. You can also go for Adda247 Video Courses that are specially brought up for the students who cannot join classroom programs.
• Everyone needs at least 7 hours of sleep to sustain health. Never compromise with your sleep as high-quality sleep leads to a high-quality performance.
• Recreational activities that you should do must be the ones that are not complete waste of time. You can choose to read novels, listen to English songs, watch English movies, watch news, play Sudoku, or any other thing that only enhances your skills.
So, students, there are 24 hours in a day. We can estimate that 10 hours are consumed by a full-time job and you need to have a sleep of 7 hours daily. Now you are left with 7 hours for the rest of your activities. So a proficient division of time for the rest of the activities would be; 4 or 5 hours for your studies and the rest 2 or 3 hours for other important activities. Next, if you can manage to wake up early in the morning then you can give 2 hours to your studies before you go to work and the rest 2 or 3 hours after you return from work. And if you are a person who finds it hard to wake up early in the morning and prefers late night studies then you will have to sit for 4 to 5 hours in a go and cover up your syllabus in accordance with the points mentioned above.