Dear Students, what you wear and how you carry yourself plays a big part in impression formation and your first impression, no doubt carries huge weight in the personal interview round of IBPS PO Exam. In essence, one should dress neatly and professionally for the personal interview round of these exams so as to make it to the final selections. The interviewers are more likely to single you out as the right candidate if you cut a dash on the day of your interview. Here are the guidelines, separately for men and women to dress up for IBPS PO Interview 2018.
- You can choose from trousers paired with a light colored formal shirt, light solid colored saree paired with a collared or V-Neck (not too deep neck) and 3/4th sleeves blouse and light shade salwar – kameez.
- If you choose a trouser, it should be dark-colored paired with a light color formal shirt.
- The suit or saree must be simple and without much embroidery or other work on it.
- Use a little makeup just to get a polished look. Avoid loud makeup and wearing dark color lipstick or nail colors. You may choose not to wear any makeup at all, only a simple and neat look is all you need.
- Trousers should be paired with dark color formal shoes. Those wearing saree or salwar kameez can wear flat or lightly heeled chappals.
- If you are carrying a purse, it must be simple and small. Avoid carrying large flashy bags.
- A two-piece matched suit is the best and safest choice. Choose a not so flashy, solid or very subtle weave pattern suit that is dark in color and paired with a light colored shirt.
- If you cannot afford a suit, wear a light colored full shirt paired with dark trousers. Strictly avoid loud and flashy colors.
- Pair the suit or shirt with a good tie, coordinating socks (with mid-calf length so that no skin is visible even when you sit down) and formal shoes.
- Do not forget to take a neat hair-cut and clean shave before you appear for the interview.
Remember to be positive and confident while answering the interviewers’ questions, giving a mumble-jumble answer will do no good. We hope these tips help you perform to the best of your ability in the Personal Interview round of IBPS PO Examination 2018. All the best!!