On thursday 19th March 2020, late in the evening PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation regarding the coronavirus outbreak. He spoke about the initiative need to be taken by the taken government and citizens to fight against the coronavirus. Announcement of the Janta curfew was the major attraction of the speech. In this article, we will be providing you with the highlights of the PM Narendra Modi speech and explain you about Janta curfew.
- RBI Assistant Mains 2020 Online Test Series
- RBI ASSISTANT MAINS Complete Batch English Medium Live Classes
What is Janta Curfew?
PM Narendra Modi announced that Janta Curfew will be observed on March 22 between 7 am and 9 pm. Janta curfew is the curfew by the janta (citizens) upon themselves to refrain themselves from going out. He urged the citizens of the nation that “During Janta curfew, citizens shall neither leave their homes, nor get onto the streets or roam about their localities. Only those associated with emergency and essential services like Doctors, Police etc will leave home,”. “These 15 days are crucial for us as a nation and this Janta Curfew will in a way be a litmus test for us. This is also the time to see how prepared India is to fight off a global pandemic like the coronavirus.”
Highlights of PM Narendra Modi speech
- He urged the citizens to follow social distancing.
- Senior Citizens of over 65 years urged to not step outside their homes in the next few weeks.
- Avoid medical routine checkups.
- He urged to compliment the Indian Heroes (Essential Personnel) to express gratitude to them by giving them a five-minute ovation at 5 pm on Sunday by clapping hands,beating plates or ringing out bells.
- Stay away from rumors.
- To Avoid panic buying, India has sufficient supply
*Essential Personnel are Doctors, Sanitary workers, Government Officials, Delivery agents etc.