Dear Students, the State Bank of India recently announced a huge number of vacancies for the post of Probationary Officers this year. The total number of vacancies this year is 2000 and the examinations for the recruitment process is scheduled to be held in the month of July and August. The registrations for the online application have already started on 21st of April 2018 and the last day to fill up the forms is 13th of May 2018.
SBI, that has always been known for changing the pattern of its examinations with setting up a new trend for the other banking examinations to be conducted throughout the year, once again changed the face of its pattern for clerk examination that is now being followed in the PO examination as well. From the introduction of sectional timing in prelims examination to the elimination of sectional cut-off from the same, SBI has blown everyone’s mind once again with a changed pattern of SBI PO Prelims Examination 2018. Now that the changes have already been introduced in the SBI Exam Pattern, all that you need to do is to have an ace up your sleeve so as it bears fruit during the time of examination.
Also, SBI PO is one of the most sought-after jobs in the government sector as it provides one with a handsome salary along with a lot of perks and facilities that no other bank provides. From job security to experience-based promotion, the State Bank of India provides you with a great number of benefits that include lesser working hours, a pay that is on par with the corporate sector, medical, housing, loans, childcare etc.
Now that you know how gratifying this job with SBI could be, get your priorities straight and start preparing for the exam right away. Before getting your feet wet, you must always be cognizant of what the examination pattern for the exam is, and how you should plan your preparations so as you are able to do with the syllabus well ahead of the time when the examination takes place.
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Serial Number||Section||No. of Question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|2.||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes|
|4.||General/Financial Awareness||40||35 minutes|
SBI PO Prelims 2018 Strategy
- Practice more and more questions with the Adda247 Mobile App.
- You still have 2 months to grasp the maximum of the basics of this language so, make the best out of these 2 months so as you manage to attempt the maximum number of questions in this section in the examination.
- Do keep in mind that accuracy should be the priority while attempting this particular section, as, many of you would try to attempt the maximum number of the questions in this section that kind of gives you the maximum average time for each question (20 minutes for 30 questions).
- Those who think they are weak in English can choose to attempt Reading Comprehension as they will have enough of time to read and understand it thoroughly. The good thing about the RC is that it doesn’t test English grammar, and one can do it easily by making use of her/ his common sense.
- The Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that you attempt questions based on vocab and phrases first and then the questions that need a deep penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test are subject-verb agreement, preposition, and verbs. These topics may help you deal with some other questions too that will be based on grammar. So make sure that you have these topics at your fingertips when you are to attempt the examination.
Quantitative Aptitude Section
- This section needs the maximum of your hard work and travail as the questions asked in this section are calculative and very time-consuming and you will have only 20 minutes for a total of 35 questions.
- The key is to attempt the quizzes on Adda247 App on a regular basis, without skipping a single day.
- In the examination, attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification, and Approximation, and Number Series first as you would be able to solve the maximum number of questions within minimum time.
- After having attempted all these questions efficiently, go for Data Interpretation. In every DI 3 questions are always doable and the rest two are a bit tricky and calculative. So, try to attempt at least those 3 questions with accuracy.
- Rest of the questions will be based on arithmetic miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes, and Cisterns, Partnership, etc. Time will be running short and if you are left with some, then attempt these questions too in the end.
- Attempt the maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time by attempting the difficult puzzles in the end.
- Start with the questions that are not in the form of puzzles, you can choose to start with questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other such random topics.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to be solved and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way.