Dear Students, the Preliminary Examination of SBI PO and Clerk 2018, is already over and you all must be worried regarding your preparations for the Mains Examination. We all know that the pattern of banking examinations changes with every other examination. So, all that you need to do is to be ready for a bolt from the blue and tackle the questions with ease. And to help you score maximum marks in the upcoming SBI PO Mains Examination, Adda247 is providing you all with an integrated strategy.
SBI PO Mains 2018 Section-Wise Strategy
Main Examination consists of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests is online. Candidates have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test is administered.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude Section Strategy
- The trick to attempt maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time is to attempt the difficult puzzles in the end.
- Start with the questions that are not in the form of puzzles, you can choose to start with the questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other random topics.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to solve and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way. So, this is how you have to manage to attempt this section.
- Computer Aptitude is a subject that many students are already familiar with. Although in SBI PO Mains there were no questions from computer aptitude but as an aspirant yearning to score maximum in exam, you should revise this subject as well. So in case if there is a set of questions in this section from computer aptitude; they will help you score.
- For Computer Aptitude you need to be familiar with basics of computers and proper definitions. You can refer to the computer capsule available on Bankersadda and Adda247 App for quick revision.
English Language Section Strategy
- The trick to score in English section can vary from one person to another depending on his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- If you are good at vocab and reading then attempt the reading comprehension first and proceed with Cloze Test and other miscellaneous topics like Error Detection, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
- But if you are good at grammar, attempt Reading Comprehension in the end.
- The Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that you attempt questions based on vocab and phrases first and then the questions that need a deeper penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test are subject verb agreement, preposition and verbs. These topics may help you do some other questions too that will be based on grammar. So make sure that you have these topics on your finger tips when you are to attempt the examination.
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness Section Strategy
- So much is happening every day that unless you keep yourself abreast of these changes you cannot adjust yourself to them or tackle the GA section of any exam smoothly and easily.
- To save your precious time, we provide you with an alternative that is Adda247’s “Daily GK Update” (Available in both Hindi and English languages) that contains only the news that is important from the point of view of competitive examinations. It contains all the news that is likely to be asked in the SBI PO Mains Examinations.
- Avoid the habit of ignoring everyday news, telling yourself that you will do it in the end when the examinations are close, you only end up lying crushed under a pile of news.
- You can go through the Monthly Capsules provided by Bankersadda for both Current Affairs as well as Banking Awareness.
Data Analysis & Interpretation Section Strategy
- The trick to scoring marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series.
- After having attempted all these questions efficiently, go for Data Interpretation.
- The remaining few questions will be based on miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes, and Cisterns, Partnership, etc.
- The descriptive test will be in English and will be conducted online.
- All candidates are supposed to obtain a minimum score in each section of objective test separately to get shortlisted for the Descriptive test evaluation/Interview.
- The descriptive test would be conducted after the objective test. This Test is of 30 minutes duration and of 50 marks.
- Writing skills are an important part of English Language and Descriptive Test (of English Language) will test your writing skills,understanding, analyzing and summarising skills. Candidates are tested for English Language Writing Skills (Letter Writing and Essay Writing).
- One has to put forward the best and the necessary points about the topic that has been asked in a limited number of words.
- So, try not to mention the points that are useless from the point of a competitive examination as you will only be wasting your words.
- You can refer to Adda247 Descriptive Writing Ebook or Hardcopy book that has essays and letters on current topics as well as the topics that are important from the point of examination.