I am Sushmita Mayuri, I am from BIHAR I have done my schooling and graduation from Gujarat. Recently I got selected in SBI JA and Bank of Baroda Clerk.
I would like to share my story from my initial days of preparation. In 2016 I appeared for my first banking exam IBPS PO and was able to attempt only 33 questions. I always lagged in quant, therefore after analyzing my weak spots I started working on them and marked only those questions I was 100 % sure about.
List of exams I appeared between 2017 to 2019:-
- IBPS PO PRE 2017- (failed)
- IBPS Clerk PRE 2017 (qualified for mains)
- IBPS Clerk Mains 2017 (couldn’t clear quant sectional cutoff)
- Canara Bank, PGDBF 2018 (failed)
- Bank of Baroda, PGDBF 2018 (failed)
- Indian Bank PRE, PGDBF 2018 (failed)
- IBPS PO PRE 2018 (qualified for mains)
- IBPS PO Mains 2018 (failed)
- IBPS clerk PRE 2018 (qualified for mains)
- IBPS Clerk mains 2018 (failed)
- NIACL A.O PRE 2019 (failed)
- SBI P.O PRE 2019 (failed)
- LIC AAO PRE 2019 (failed)
- EPFO ASO pre-2019 (failed)
- RBI Assistant pre-2017 (failed)
- RBI Assistant 2019 (failed)
- IBPS PO Pre (2019)-65,cutoff-59.75 (Qualified for mains)
- IBPS PO Mains (2019) – 80, cutoff- 71.5 ( qualified for interview)
- but Couldn’t make it to IBPS PO Final list, secured only 39.64, the cutoff was 44.44
- SBI Clerk PRE (2019)-82 cutoff 65.5 (qualified for mains)
- SBI Clerk Mains (2019) – 88.25 cutoffs 91.75 ( couldn’t qualify in the first list)
- SBI Clerk Mains ( First waiting list 20 FEB 2020 ) qualified
- IBPS Clerk Pre (2019)-78.75 cutoff-67 (qualified for mains)
- IBPS Clerk Mains ( 2019) 54.38, cutoff 42.25 ( Qualified, allotted Bank of Baroda)
I have appeared in numerous banking exams that I have lost track in lot of them.
Following is my strategy for each subject:
Quant Section: Daily quizzes Adda247. Quant being the weak area I had practiced a lot of mock tests.
Reasoning Section:- Daily 4-5 mock tests for Prelims and 2-3 for mains preparation because practice is the only key for securing marks in reasoning. There is no hard and fast rule for solving reasoning questions.
English section:- Again mocks were the savior.
General Awareness: Daily current affairs of Adda247 and capsules.
I would say mock tests helped me a lot during my preparation days since solving mocks makes you come across with a plethora of questions and boosts your preparation broadening your knowledge base.
These exams are all about how well you are ahead of others and how perfect is your preparation. Everybody has their strategy to crack the exam and it varies from person to person, one must never follow what other’s strategy is and make one for themselves because we are the ones who know ourselves to the core. so devising a strategy should be based on your strengths and weaknesses and not by following anybody.
One must never be stressed about the future like what if I could not clear this exam since numerous exams are being conducted by IBPS in a year if not one exam you have got a chance for the next in the row. Focus with a relaxed mindset must be adhered to if you are determined to crack any competitive exam since a relaxed mind nourishes your awareness. I must say delayed gratification is always better than instant gratification because when you delay instant gratification it gives you long term satisfaction.
Lastly, I would like to thank Adda247 for their daily current affairs and quizzes which has helped me a lot without having to toil from one website to another for gathering current affairs.
Give a boost to your career in Banking, Prepare for JAIIB Exams-
- JAIIB COMBO (ALL SUBJECTS) | JAIIB 2020 | VIDEO LECTURE & LIVE CLASSES | BILINGUAL
- LRAB 2020 | JAIIB 2020 | BILINGUAL | ONLINE LIVE CLASSES
Team Bankersadda Congratulates all Achievers!! Your hard work has finally paid off and now its time to share your success with the world. Send your success story with a success selfie to email@example.com