Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 01st October 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily GK Update of the 01st October 2022 covering the following news headlines: Vladimir Putin, Ram Charan, Srishti Bakshi, UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022, Shashi Tharoor, International Coffee Day, World Vegetarian Day.
Top 14 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 14 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. 5G Launch: PM Modi says rollout of 5G a gift to 130 billion Indians
- 5G Launch: The nation’s 5G services were officially inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1st, 2022, ushering in a period of ultra-high-speed mobile internet, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office. The sixth iteration of the India Mobile Congress was also launched by PM Modi.
- A new era in the nation is ringing in with the arrival of 5G. A limitless sky of options will open up with 5G.
- The PM continued by saying that the New India will actively participate in the creation and use of technology rather than simply becoming a consumer of it.
- Future wireless technology design and related production will be heavily influenced by India.
2. Eurozone Inflation Hits At 10%, A new High
- Inflation in the 19-member eurozone reached 10% in September, the highest it has ever been in the history of the common European currency, according to the latest flash estimate from Eurostat, the EU statistics agency.
- This is up from the 9.1% seen in August. Just one year ago, inflation was 3.2%. The high inflation figure comes as the region experiences soaring electricity and natural gas prices, and also comes amid forecasts of a looming recession.
- The price of energy has risen 40.8% when compared to last year’s prices, while the cost of food, alcohol and tobacco rose 11.8% in September, up from the 10.6% recorded in August. The inflation figure in Estonia for September was pegged at a whopping 24.2%, a little lower than the 25.2% seen in August, but also the highest in the eurozone.
3. Kazakhstan changes capital’s name from Nur-Sultan back to Astana
- Kazakhstan’s president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev is to restore the former name of the country’s capital, Astana, just three years after he renamed it in honour of his predecessor.
- Kazakhstan’s president has signed a law limiting presidential terms and reverting to the old name of the Central Asian country’s capital, in the latest step of breaking with the legacy of his predecessor. The bill also reinstated the capital’s name to Astana.
- The name was changed to Nur-Sultan in March 2019, in honour of outgoing president Nursultan Nazarbayev. President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev signed a bill on 24 Sept limiting presidential mandates to a single seven-year term, a day after parliament approved the measure.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kazakhstan President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev;
- Kazakhstan Currency: Kazakhstani tenge.
4. Vladimir Putin Declares Annexation Of 4 Ukrainian Regions by Russia
- Vladimir Putin has declared the Annexation of 4 Ukrainian regions by Russia namely Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhia.
- The West has denounced the annexation of occupied Ukrainian territory by Russia as an illegitimate land grab after Russian President Vladimir Putin signed treaties.
- The president of Ukraine, Zelenskyy responded by unexpectedly submitting an application to join the NATO armed alliance.
5. World’s largest safari park to be developed in Gurugram
- World’s largest jungle safari park to be developed in Haryana. The World’s largest jungle safari park is spread across an area of 10000 acres in the Aravalli Mountain Range of Gurugram and Nuh District. This project will be the largest such project in the world.
- The park will also include a large herbarium, an aviary, four zones for big cars, a large area for herbivores, an area for exotic animal/birds, an underwater world, natural trails, visitors, tourism zones, botanical garden, biomes, equatorial, tropical, coastal, desert, etc.
- For the making of the World’s largest jungle safari park an Aravalli Foundation will be set up which will manage the project.
6. Hero MotoCorp Appoints Movie Star Ram Charan New Brand Ambassador
- The Hero MotoCrop has appointed actor Ram Charan as the new brand ambassador. Hero MotoCrop, the country’s largest two-wheeler maker has launched the Hero GIFT Programme.
- The Hero GIFT stands for the Grand Indian Festival of Trust. This initiative includes exciting model refreshers, retail benefits, several financing schemes, pre-booking offers, and many more.
- The new campaign or initiative emphasizes the new age youth culture of swiping.
7. N S Rajan named as the new chairman of ASCI
- N S Rajan, new chairman of ASCI: The election of N S Rajan, Director of August One Partners LLP, as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) was done.
- Of the board meeting that followed the 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ASCI, Saugata Gupta, Managing Director & CEO, Marico Limited, was elected Vice-Chairman, and Shashidhar Sinha, Chief Executive Officer at IPG Mediabrands India, was named Honorary Treasurer.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Director of GMS India (Meta): Arun Srinivas
- Group CEO of Lintas India: Virat Tandon
8. Active credit cards drop 2.3 million in August over new RBI norms
- The outstanding credit card base dropped to 77.99 million in August from over 80 million in July, mainly on account of the new norms of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that warrant the deactivation of cards that are inactive for a year.
- While there was a 2.8 per cent decline in net card additions on a month-on-month (MoM) basis in August, a first in many months, credit card spends slipped 3 per cent on a high base. Still, spends topped the Rs 1-trillion mark for the sixth consecutive month.
9. Indian Women’s rights activist Srishti Bakshi wins ‘Changemaker’ award
- A women’s rights activist from India, Srishti Bakshi has won the ‘Changemaker‘ award at the UN SDG (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals) Action Awards held at a ceremony in Bonn, Germany.
- The award is given to recognise the efforts of Srishti Bakshi to raise awareness of gender-based violence and inequality.
- The UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony celebrates people and initiatives that mobilize, inspire, and connect people every day, proving that each one of us has the power to drive transformative action.
- The finalists for the UN SDG Action Awards were selected from over 3,000 applications from 150 countries and the winners were announced during a live event on 27 September 2022.
Summits and Conferences News
10. MoS for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal attends UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 in Mexico
- The Indian delegation headed by the Minister of State for Culture Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal represented at UNESCO-MONDIACULT 2022 World Conference held at Mexico City from 28th-30th September 2022.
- The Minister addressed the conference on burning issues and concerns of the Cultural sector policies. In the conference, Culture Ministers of more than 100 countries participated on this multilateral forum to decide on the global cultural discourse.
Books and Authors News
11. Shashi Tharoor explores different strands of Ambedkar’s life
- Shashi Tharoor, a congress leader announced to write a biography of BR Ambedkar next month. The book will be published by Aleph and it will provide insights into the legendary leader’s life and times. The book will be known as “Ambedkar: A Life”.
- Shashi Tharoor claims to answer the question of whether Ambedkar was the greatest Indian of modern times or not through the book.
- The book will emphasize the “Humiliation and hurdles” faced by Ambedkar to overcome in society.
12. International Coffee Day 2022 celebrates on 01st October
- Every year, International Coffee Day is observed on October 1, to celebrate and promote the use of coffee. The day is marked to celebrate “the coffee sector’s diversity, quality and passion.” It is an opportunity for coffee lovers to share their love of the beverage and support farmers whose livelihood depends on the aromatic crop.
- Every year 77 Member States of the International Coffee Organization (ICO), dozens of coffee associates, and millions of coffee lovers come together to celebrate their favourite beverage.
13. World Vegetarian Day 2022 observed on 01st October
- World Vegetarian Day is celebrated on the first day of October. It also kickstarts Vegetarian Awareness Month. This global day of advocacy and awareness celebrates the benefits of vegetarianism and encourages people to reduce their consumption of animal products.
- The day is commemorated to create awareness about the benefits of vegetarianism like reducing the risks of heart diseases and other health complications.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Vegetarian Union Founded: 1908, Dresden, Germany;
- Chair of International Vegetarian Union: Marly Winckler.
14. International Day of Older Persons celebrates on the 1st October
- October 1 is observed as the International Day of Older Persons across the globe. The day was introduced by the United Nations General Assembly with an aim of honouring the contribution of older persons and looking into the problems that they face.
- Older people make significant contributions to society via volunteer work, passing on experience and knowledge, and assisting their families with different responsibilities. As today we celebrate this occasion, let’s glance at its history and significance.
- The overall umbrella theme for the United Nations International Day of Older Persons in 2022 is “Resilience of Older Persons in a Changing World.”
01st October | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs by Ashish Gautam
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!