Daily GK updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily GK Update is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 10th September 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily GK Update of the 10th September 2022 covering the following news headlines: NITI Aayog, UN human rights chief, CHHATA, Fortune India Rich List 2022,Meritorious Service Medal, World Suicide Prevention Day.
Top 16 Daily GK Updates: National & International News
Here is providing below the top 16 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. E-FAST- India’s first National Electric Freight Platform Launched by NITI Aayog, WRI
- NITI Aayog and World Resources Institute (WRI), launched India’s first National Electric Freight Platform- E-FAST India (Electric Freight Accelerator for Sustainable Transport-India).
- The National Electric Freight Platform brings different stakeholders together with the support of the World Economic Forum, CALSTART, and RMI India.
- The platform aims to raise awareness of freight electrification bolstered by an on-ground demonstration pilot and evidence-based research.
- It will support scalable pilots and inform policies aimed at accelerating freight electrification in India.
- The launch of E-Fast India has witnessed participation from major automobile industries, logistics companies, development banks, and fin-tech companies.
2. Volker Turk set to become next UN human rights chief
- The United Nations (UN) General Assembly approved Volker Türk of Austria to be the global body’s Human Rights Chief by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. Volker Turk replaces Verónica Michelle Bachelet Jeria, a Chilean politician who served at the office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) from 2018 to 2022.
- Turk, currently serving as assistant secretary-general for policy. Previously, Volker Türk served as the Assistant High Commissioner for Protection at UN refugees, the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Geneva. He had a long and successful career in the advancement of human rights globally.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) Headquartered: Geneva, Switzerland; New York City, United States;
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights Establishment December: 1993.
3. Chhattisgarh CM Inaugurates 2 New Districts in the State, Takes Total To 33
- Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the 32nd and 33rd districts of the State. Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur and Sakti were announced as the 32nd and 33rd districts of Chhattisgarh.
- Sakti is carved out from Janjgir-Champa, and Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur is carved out from the Koriya district.
- The Chattisgarh Chief Minister said that people have been demanding the creation of the Manendragarh district for a very long time and it has been a long-term struggle to create Manendragarh as a district.
- Three new districts have been inaugurated in Chattisgarh by the Chief Minister. There are now, 33 districts in Chattisgarh including Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki, Sarangarh-Bilaigarh, and Khairagarh-Chhuikhadan-Gandai.
4. Odisha govt launched rainwater harvesting scheme named ‘CHHATA’
- Odisha government has launched a rainwater harvesting scheme named ‘Community Harnessing and Harvesting Rainwater Artificially from Terrace to Aquifer (CHHATA). The new scheme was approved by the Cabinet last month. It will be implemented for a period of five years.
- The State sector scheme will work towards conserving rainwater and improving water quality in urban local bodies (ULBs) and water scarce blocks.
- As per the feasibility based on a groundwater resource assessment conducted in 2020, rainwater harvesting structures will be constructed on the roofs of 29,500 private buildings and 1,925 government buildings covering 52 water-stressed blocks and 27 urban local bodies.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar;
- Odisha Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik;
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
5. Bihar CM inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam on Falgu River
- Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar has inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam ‘Gayaji Dam’ on the Falgu River in Gaya. The dam has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 324 crore. Experts from IIT (Roorkee) were involved with the project.
- There will be enough water in the dam round the year for the convenience of pilgrims. With its construction, now at least two feet of water will be available in the Falgu River near Vishnupad Ghat throughout the year for the devotees who come here to do Pind Daan.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Bihar Capital: Patna;
- Bihar Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar;
- Bihar Governor: Phagu Chauhan.
6. Chinese Economy Is In Real Trouble
- As growth in major global economies slows as a result of high inflation, exacerbated by the Ukraine war, many economists are hoping that China will again come to the world’s rescue.
- But this is not 2008, when China’s then rapidly expanding economy and a huge stimulus unleashed by the Beijing government, helped Western countries to recover much faster from the financial crisis.
- This time, China’s economic woes run deep. The government has all but given up on this year’s target of 5.5% GDP growth and Premier Li Keqiang warned last month there was little appetite right now for more expansionary policymaking.
7. Vehicle Dispatches Rise 21% As Chip Supply Improves
- Passenger vehicle wholesales in India witnessed a 21 per cent annual growth in August, riding on improved supplies of semiconductors and festive demand, according to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.
- As per the latest data released by industry body Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), passenger vehicle (PV) dispatches to dealers stood at 2,81,210 units last month, against 2,32,224 units in August 2021. Passenger car wholesales were up 23 per cent at 1,33,477 units last month, as against 1,08,508 units in the year-ago period, SIAM said.
8. Lord’s Mark Insurance receives direct insurance broker’s licence by IRDAI
- Lord’s Mark Insurance recieves insurance licence: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has given Lord’s Mark Insurance Brokerage Private Limited, the insurance division of Lord’s Mark Industries, a direct insurance broking licence to market life and general insurance products. With this direct broking licence, Lord’s Mark Insurance Industries lays the groundwork for its entry into the insurance sector.
- Insurance from Lord’s Mark Insurance In order to formalise relationships for the launch of life and general insurance products on its Policy King platform, broking is already in talks with a few top insurance providers.
9. RBI imposes fine on three entities for failing to comply
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposes fine on three entities: Three organisations, including Industrial Bank of Korea, have received fines from the Reserve Bank for breaking regulations.
- The Reserve bank of India announced that Industrial Bank of Korea has been fined Rs 36 lakh for failing to follow several Know Your Customer (KYC) guidelines.
- Woori Bank was fined Rs 59.10 lakh for failing to follow RBI guidelines regarding the “Creation of a Central Repository of Large Common Exposures – Across Banks.”
- Indiabulls Commercial Credit Limited, New Delhi, has been fined Rs. 12.35 lakh for failing to follow some KYC directives.
- The Reserve Bank did emphasise that the purpose of penalties is not to judge the legality of any transaction or arrangement entered into by the firms with their clients but rather to reflect weaknesses in regulatory compliance.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Woori Bank Chairman: Yo Hwan Shin
- Indiabulls Commercial Credit Limited Chairman: Mr. Ajit Kumar Mittal
- RBI Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Ranks and Reports News
10. Fortune India Rich List 2022: Gautam Adani India’s richest man
- According to Fortune India’s list of ‘India’s Richest’ for 2022, the wealth of 142 billionaires based in India is collectively worth USD 832 billion (Rs 66.36 trillion). The maiden list, made in collaboration with the wealth management firm, Waterfield Advisors, is primarily based on the wealth of entrepreneurs of listed firms.
- According to Forbes realtime billionaires list, Asia’s richest man Gautam Adani has overtaken Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to become the 3rd richest person in the world. He became India’s richest man with a net worth of USD 129.16 billion (Rs. 10.29 trillion)
- Meanwhile, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani’s net worth stands at USD 94 billion becoming the 8th richest in the world and the 2nd richest in India.
11. DRDO & Indian Army Successfully Conduct Six Flight-Tests of QRSAM Off Odisha Coast
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Army completed six flight tests of the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, on the Odisha Coast, as part of evaluation trials.
- QRSAM is a short-range Surface Air Missile (SAM) system, which is designed and developed by the DRDO.
- The QRSAM aims to provide a protective shield to the moving armored columns of the Army from aerial attacks.
- The six flight tests were carried out against high-speed aerial targets mimicking various types of threats to evaluate the capability of the QRSAM as a short-range Surface Air Missile (SAM) system.
12. Singapore awarded ‘Meritorious Service Medal’ to Lamba, Former Navy Chief of India
- Former India Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba has been conferred Singapore’s prestigious military award, the Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera) or Meritorious Service Medal (Military) (MSM(M)), by President Halimah Yacob.
- Admiral Lanba has been conferred the award for his outstanding contributions in enhancing the strong and long-standing bilateral defence relationship between the Indian Navy and the Republic of Singapore Navy.
- Both navies concluded the Bilateral Agreement for Navy Cooperation in November 2017 and the Implementing Arrangement for Mutual Coordination, Logistics and Services Support in June 2018, which established the framework for greater Navy-to-Navy interactions and expanded collaboration in areas of mutual interest such as submarine rescues, maritime-security information-sharing and logistics support.
13. Australia Captain Aaron Finch to Retire from ODI Cricket
- Aaron Finch, Australia’s captain announced his retirement from one-day international cricket after Australia’s third and final ODI against New Zealand.
- Finch will continue to be the captain of the Australian cricket team for T20 and will lead it in defense of its world title in the T20 World Cup which is going to be held in October and November in Australia.
- Finch is known as one of the most damaging opening batters in the world, Finch has scored 5,401 runs in the ODI format with an average of close to 40, and 17 centuries.
Books and Authors News
14. A book title “Forging Mettle : Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story” by Pavan C. Lall
- A senior journalist Pavan C Lall has authored a new book ‘Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story’, which is set to be released in September 2022. The book will be published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- The book is focused on how a business is built into a large organisation on the foundations of values and sustainability. Forging Mettle is a story of Nrupender Rao, Chairman of the Board at Pennar Industries Limited and his entrepreneurial journey.
- The story gives a unique philosophy for a company, recommended to striving entrepreneurs to understand how to construct a principled and ethical institution. It’s also the story of how a business built with ethics and social and environmental concern at the core of its values can indeed be profitable and sustainable.
15. World Suicide Prevention Day observed on 10th September
- World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD), celebrated annually on 10 September, is organized by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) and endorsed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The overall goal of this day is to raise awareness about suicide prevention worldwide. Objectives include promoting stakeholder collaboration and self-empowerment to address self-harm and suicide through preventative action.
- The theme of WSPD 2022, “Creating hope through action,” reflects the need for collective, action to address this urgent public health issue. This has been the triennial theme for World Suicide Prevention Day from 2021 to 2023.
- World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) was established in 2003 by the International Association for Suicide Prevention in conjunction with the World Health Organization (WHO).
16. Himalaya Diwas 2022: Know Theme, History and Significance
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga organized Himalayan Diwas on September 09, in association with Naula Foundation. The day is celebrated with an aim to preserve the Himalayan ecosystem and region.
- This day is celebrated to mark the importance of the Himalayas. The Himalayan hill cities face many challenges due to poor building planning and design, poor infrastructures like toads, water supply, sewage etc. and unprecedented felling of trees.
- Himalaya Day 2022 was observed under the theme ‘Himalayas will be safe only when the interests of its residents are protected.
10th September | Current Affairs 2022 | Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs by Ashish Gautam
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!