15th December Daily Current Affairs 2022 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 15th December 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Daily Current Affairs of the 15th December 2022 covering the following news headlines: Tennis Premier League, KAZIND – 2022, New India Literacy Programme, NavIC, India International Science Festival, Asian Development Bank.
Top 18 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 18 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
1. 20 New Nuclear Power Plants to be Commissioned in Country by 2031
- India plans to commission 20 nuclear power plants by 2031, adding nearly 15,000 MW in power generating capacity, the government told the Lok Sabha. The first of these 20 nuclear power plants, a 700 MW unit, is expected to be commissioned in 2023 at Kakrapar in Gujarat, which already has three atomic power generating units operational.
- According to a written reply by Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh, the 500 MW Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor at Kalpakkam is likely to be operational in 2024, followed by two 1,000 MW units at Kudankulam in 2025.
2. France to host International Conference “Standing with the Ukrainian People”
- According to the French embassy, France will host an International conference “Standing with the Ukrainian People” in Paris with an aim to coordinate international support for civilian resilience in Ukraine and address the Ukrainian people’s urgent humanitarian needs.
- The conference is organised at the initiative of French President Emmanuel Macron and is co-organised with Ukraine. During the conference, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy will address virtually.
- The Ukrainian people are facing dire difficulties in all sectors essential to life: electricity supply, food security, water supply, and access to medical care.
- This situation is aggravated by the onset of winter and by the increased Russian bombardments against civilian infrastructures in Ukraine, particularly energy infrastructure, resulting in severe blackouts.
- France President: Emmanuel Macron;
- France Capital: Paris;
- France Prime minister: Elisabeth Borne;
- France currency: Euro.
3. Russia Replaces Iraq as Top Oil Supplier to India in November
- Russia has for the first time emerged as top oil supplier to India replacing Iraq as refiners last month snapped up oil from Moscow fearing a price cap from Dec. 5 could hit supplies and choke payment avenues.
- India’s oil imports from Russia rose for the fifth straight month, totaling 908,000 barrels per day (bpd) in November, up 4% from October, the data showed. The Group of Seven nations(G-7), Australia, and the 27 European Union countries have imposed a price cap of $60 a barrel on Russian seaborne oil from Dec. 5 as the West tries to limit Moscow’s ability to finance its war in Ukraine.
- The price cap plan calls for G7 countries to deny insurance, finance, brokering, navigation, and other services to oil cargoes priced above the price cap on crude and oil products.
4. New Zealand govt passes world’s first tobacco law to ban smoking
- The New Zealand government has passed a law to completely end tobacco smoking by banning youth from buying cigarettes for life.
- The Smoke Free Environments and Regulated Products (Smoking Tobacco) Amendment Bill has been passed in New Zealand which aims to make New Zealand smoke free by 2025.
- The bill aims to ban the sale of tobacco to anyone born after January 1, 2009, and reduce the number of cigarette retailers in the country.
- The bill has received bipartisan support in New Zealand’s parliament and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern also plans to reduce the amount of nicotine allowed in smokeless tobacco products. Passage of the bill would reduce the number of tobacco retailers nationwide to about one-tenth of the current number of 6,000.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- New Zealand Prime Minister: Jacinda Ardern;
- New Zealand Capital: Wellington;
- New Zealand Currency : New Zealand dollar.
5. Tamil Nadu CM Stalin inaugurated statue of ‘Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar’
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated the statue of Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar at the renovated house of Bharathiyar at Varanasi via video conference on 11th December.
- Stalin also released a souvenir on his centenary. Bharathiyar’s 141st birth anniversary celebrates on the behalf of State Government in various places in the State.
- Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar was a Tamil writer, poet, journalist, Indian independence activist, social reformer and polyglot.
6. IIT Ropar, Army Training Command sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar and the Army Training Command (ARTRAC) of the Indian Army has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up a centre of excellence for studies and applied research in defence and security at the premier institute.
- The MoU was signed by Rajeev Ahuja, director, IIT Ropar and Lt Gen SS Mahal, General Officer Commanding –in-Chief of the ARTRAC.
- IIT Ropar will also curate training programmes as exchange of information on educational programmes for security practitioners of the armed forces, Central Armed Police Forces, intelligence agencies and state police forces run by it as part of its on-campus and off-campus programmes on research and innovation
7. ADB Keeps India’s GDP Growth Unchanged at 7%
- The Manila-based Asian Development Bank kept its economic growth outlook for India unchanged at seven percent for the fiscal 2022-23. The bank also forecasted a weaker-than-previously expected pace for developing Asia.
- The seven percent growth projection for fiscal 2022-23, unchanged from its September forecast, against 8.7 percent GDP growth in the previous fiscal. For the next fiscal year, FY 23-24, the GDP growth has been kept unchanged at 7.2 percent, “sustained by positive effects from structural reform and from public investment catalysing private investment”.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank (ADB) established on 19th December 1966. It is headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
8. HDFC Bank Partners with Startup India for Parivartan SmartUp Grants
- HDFC Bank announced the launch of its sixth annual grants program for social startups in partnership with the Government of India’s flagship initiative ‘Startup India’. Known as Parivartan SmartUp Grants, the program aims to identify startups working in the social impact space and support them through monetary grants to their incubators.
- The grants have been offered under the aegis of Parivartan, the umbrella name for the bank’s social initiatives. So far, the bank has disbursed over INR 30 crore to more than 45 incubators which supported over 165 startups working in areas like environment, agri-business, ed-tech, waste management, healthcare, and skill development sectors.
Summits and Conferences News
9. 8th India International Science Festival 2022 to be held in Bhopal
- India International Science Festival (IISF)-2022 will be held in Bhopal in January 2023 and incidentally, it is one of the major events to be held after India took over G-20 Presidency.
- IISF is the initiative of the Ministry of Science & Technology and Ministry of Earth Science of Government of India in association with Vijnana Bharati which is a science movement with swadeshi spirit led by eminent scientists of the country. The IISF 2022 is the eighth edition since its inception in 2015.
- It is a festival to celebrate the achievements of India’s scientific and technological advancements with students, innovators, craftsmen, farmers, scientists and technocrats from India and abroad.
Science and Technology News
10. ISRO is doing to boost the use of NavIC, India’s version of GPS
- To promote the use of ‘NAVigation with the Indian Constellation’ (NavIC), the Indian version of GPS, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will introduce the L1 frequency in all its future satellites.
- The seven satellites in the NavIC constellation currently use two frequencies for providing positioning data — the L5 and S bands. However, most mobile System on Chips(SoCs) and wearable devices support the L1 band.
- To overcome this drawback, ISRO announced that new satellites from NVS-01 onwards which are meant to replace these satellites will also have L1 frequency.
Schemes and Conferences News
11. Govt Allocates Rs 1037.90 Crore to New India Literacy Programme for Next 5 Years
- The Ministry of Education (MoE) approved a new scheme “New India Literacy Programme” for the next five years to cover all the aspects of adult education to align with new National Education Policy (NEP).
- The ministry has also decided to use “Education For All” instead of “Adult Education” as the previous term did not appropriately represent all non-literates in 15 years and above age group.
- The objectives of the scheme is to impart not only foundational literacy and numeracy but also to cover other components which are necessary for a citizen of 21st century such as critical life skills including financial literacy, digital literacy, commercial skills, health care and awareness.
Ranks and Reports News
12. EVs to Create Up to $100 billion Opportunity in India by 2030
- India’s electric vehicle (EV) value chain revenue pool is expected to reach a size of $76-100 billion by 2030, potentially translating to $8-11 billion profit pool, according to a report by Bain & Company.
- The Indian automotive market is poised for rapid EV growth, due to the convergence of factors including government incentives, improving cost-competitiveness and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) investment, along with increased customer readiness and awareness, the report noted.
13. India-Kazakhstan joint military exercise “KAZIND – 2022” begins in Umroi, Meghalaya
- The 6th Edition of Indo – Kazakhstan joint training exercise “KAZIND-22” is conducted at Umroi (Meghalaya) from 15 to 28 December 2022.
- The scope of this exercise involves a Command Post Exercise (CPX) at the Battalion level and Company level Field Training Exercise (FTX) on sub-conventional operations. During the exercise, participants will engage in variety of missions ranging from joint planning, joint tactical drills, basics of special arms skills, HADR and raiding a hostile target.
- Joint annual training exercise with the Kazakhstan Army was instituted in 2016 as Exercise Prabal Dostyk, which was later upgraded to a company level exercise and renamed as Ex Kazind in 2018.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kazakhstan Capital: Astana;
- Kazakhstan Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge.
14. SpiceJet awarded ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi airport
- SpiceJet has been awarded the ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi Airport Awards for being the top performer among the self-handling airlines and as it has been able to reduce ground safety violations significantly.
- SpiceJet ground handling team at Delhi Airport achieved this performance through constant focus on quality improvements, innovation and hard work. Moreover, their role in minimising incidences of ground safety violations ensured compliance with safety guidelines and regulatory requirements.
15. SS Rajamouli “RRR” bags two Golden Globe Award nominations
- SS Rajamouli-directed period movie ‘RRR’ has been nominated in two categories at the Golden Globe Awards to be held in January 2023. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) has nominated ‘RRR’ in the Best Picture: Non-English language and Best Original Song Naatu Naatu.
- ‘RRR’ follows a pre-Independence story woven around two real-life Indian revolutionaries: Alluri Sitarama Raju and Komaram Bheem, in the 1920s. Starring Ram Charan and Jr NTR in the lead, the film released worldwide in March in five languages. RRR is the only Indian film to make the final five out of a clutch of other entries from India, among them Gangubai Kathiawadi, Kantara and Chhello Show.
16. Hyderabad Strikers crowned as champions of Tennis Premier League 2022
- Hyderabad Strikers has crowned as champions of 4th Tennis Premier League (TPL) 2022. The final of the 4th TPL was held in Pune, Maharashtra. Hyderabad Strikers beat Mumbai Leon Army (41-32) and was crowned champions of the event for the 2nd year in a row.
- Hyderabad’s pair S. Balaji and Nikki Poonacha defeated Mumbai’s R. Ramanathan and J. Nedunnchezhiyan 14-6 to win the title.
17. England’s Joe Root joins elite list with 10000+ test runs and 50+ wickets
- Former England skipper Joe Root became only the third cricketer in history to score 10000 runs and pick up 50 wickets in Test cricket. He achieved the feat during the ongoing second Test against Pakistan in Multan.
- Root reached the milestone when he dismissed Faheem Ashraf in the 70th over of Pakistan’s second innings at the Multan Cricket Stadium. It was a tossed-up delivery from the off-spinner and Faheem tried to push at it. The ball turned very little to take the batter’s edge and presented a simple catch to Zak Crawley at slips.
- Root joins South African legend Jacques Kallis and former Australian skipper Steve Waugh in scoring 10000 runs and claiming 50 wickets in the longest format.
18. Poland’s only cosmonaut Gen Miroslaw Hermaszewski passes away
- Poland’s only cosmonaut Gen Miroslaw Hermaszewski passed away recently at the age of 81. He circled the Earth in a Soviet spacecraft in 1978. Hermaszewski became a national hero thanks to his trip to space.
- For nine days in June and July of 1978, Hermaszewski and Soviet cosmonaut Pyotr Klimuk circled the Earth in the Soyuz 30 spaceship that docked at the Salyut 6 orbital space station. They went around the globe 126 times.
Check More GK Updates Here
15th December 2022 Current Affairs | Current Affairs Today Current Affairs |Ashish Gautam Sir
All the Best BA’ians for the Bank exam!