So are you all set for UPSC CSE all India free Scholarship Exam to be held on 13th March 2021, get the best reward and clear your exam on June 27th? Register for Free UPSC Scholarship Exam 2021 conducted on Adda247 app now. The secret of getting ahead is getting started!! Participate in the Scholarship exam & Check where you stand before the actual exam. Face the fear and win the actual battle. Register Now
All India scholarship test will be available on 13.03.21 on Adda247 App UPSC Section, full-length section. Be ready and check your preparation.
Aiming for UPSC CSE 2021? Get the best test series for sure selection: Click Here
Civil Service IAS Exam Attempts:
General candidates – 6 attempts
The OBC candidates – 9 attempts
There is no such restriction for the SC and ST candidates
The candidate should be a minimum of 21 years age (Pre-final year Students can attempt it) and a maximum of 32 years of age
There is age relaxation for the students belongs to SC and ST of 5 years and other backward classes (OBC) candidates will get 3 years of relaxation.
Join UPSCAdda247 YouTube Channel: Click Here
Civil Services IAS Vacancies 2021: 712
Recruiting Body: UPSC
Examination Mode: Offline exam conducted every year
Tentative dates of Civil Service Exam 2021, here is brief and basic information regarding the examination:
|04th March of the year 2021||The notification of the UPSC examination will be officially announced|
|04th March of the year 2021||On that very same date, the examination forms will be available too|
|24th march of the year 2021||The last date of submission of forms|
|May -June of 2021 (tentative)||The admit cards for the preliminary examination will be available online|
|27th June||The UPSC IAS examination date for prelims|
The candidates are allowed for appearing for the UPSC examination within a restricted period. Attempts –
- General candidates are allowed to attempt for six times
- The OBC candidates are allowed for nine attempts
- There is no such restriction for the SC and ST candidates
Eligibility Criteria to be fulfilled before appearing the examination –
- The candidate should own an Indian citizenship
- The candidate should be a minimum of 21 years age and a maximum of 32 years of age
- In case the candidate has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Kenya etc, he or she has to be from an Indian origin
- There is age relaxation for the backward candidates. The SCand ST candidates get 5 years of age relaxation whereas the OBCs get 3 years
- Ex-serviceman of commissioned personnel or defense service officers owe five and three years of age relaxation respectively
- The candidates must hold a graduate degree from any recognized university of India
Educational Qualification – Candidate must be a graduate with any stream. Pre-final students can also attempt it.
- General and OBC candidate – 200 rupees
- The SC and ST candidates are not charged for appearing the examination
Phases of Examination:
UPSC Civil Services IAS 2021 Examination Centres :
Agartala, Agra, Ajmer, Ahmedabad , Aizawl , Aligarh,Allahabad ,Anantpur (Andhra Pradesh),Aurangabad,Bangalore,Bareilly,Bhopal,Bilaspur,Chandigarh,Chennai,Coimbatore,Cuttack,Dehradun,Delhi,Dharwad,Dispur,Faridabad,Gangtok,Gaya,Ghaziabad,Gorakhpur,Gurgaon,Gwalior,Hyderabad,Imphal,Indore,Itanagar,Jabalpur,Jaipur,Jammu,Jodhpur,Jorhat,Kochi,Kohima,Kolkata,Kozhikode(Calicut),Lucknow,Ludhiana,Madurai,Mumbai,Mysore,Nagpur,Navi Mumbai.
UPSC Civil Services IAS 2021 Mains Examination Centres :
Syllabus of Civil Services Examination :
Prelims – 200 marks for each paper
Preliminary examination of civil services are conducted in two phases and is generally objective phases
Paper 1 – General Studies 1 (100 Questions/200 marks /2 hours – Negative marking on wrong answers)
Paper 2 – CSAT (80 Questions / 200 Marks /2 hours- Negative marking on wrong answer)
General studies paper –
- Current events of national and international importance
- Syllabus of History of India and the heroes of ancient India, Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- it includes every aspect of geography including physical, social, economic geography across the world
- Indian Politics and governance and its history – right from the Indian constitution to our political system that covers the areas of Panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development of India as well as the world economy– the economic history of India as well as world history of economic and its interrelations. The important topics that should be highlighted include sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues regarding the current situation of environmental ecology, our bio-diversity and climate change. It does not require subject specialised studies. An overview of the subject and clear concepts can do well.
- General Science
Aptitude Syllabus –
- Comprehension skills
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills and management
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving (it has no negative marking)
- General mental ability to solve problems
- Basic numerical problems that include numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc up to Class X level and Data Interpretation including charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc up to class X level
- English Language Comprehension skills and writing ability (Class X level).
Mains examination syllabus:
This examination consists of seven papers and the evaluation is based on the writing of conventional and essay-type questions. Each of the paper carries 250 marks. Some of them are compulsory and some of them are optional.
|Paper A||Compulsory Indian language||3 hours||300|
|Paper B||English||3 hours||300|
|Paper I||Essay||3 hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional I||3 hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional II||3 hours||250|
️The secret of getting ahead is getting started!!️
Participate in UPSC All India Free Scholarship Exam & Check where you stand before the actual exam. Face the fear and win the actual battle.
Register Now: Click Here