Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley passed away on 24th August 2019. He was not just the former Finance Minister and the man behind GST but also an astute parliamentarian, an intellectual and legal luminary. Arun Jaitley was a lawyer by profession and had been a key member of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Cabinet in the BJP government’s first term. Our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi said, “With the demise of Arun Jaitley Ji, I have lost a valued friend, whom I have had the honour of knowing for decades. His insight on issues and nuanced understanding of matters had very few parallels,”.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Parliamentarian Award for the year 2010
- President, Delhi University Students Union, 1974
- Detained for 19 months under M.I.S.A. during Internal Emergency (1975-77)
- 1989 – 90: Additional Solicitor General, Government of India
- 13 Oct. 1999 – 30 Sept. 2000: Minister of State (Independent charge) of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- 10 Dec. 1999 – July 2000: Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Department of Disinvestment (Additional Charge)
- April 2000: Elected to Rajya Sabha
- 23 July 2000 – 6 Nov. 2000: Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs
- 7 Nov. 2000 – 1 July 2002: Minister of Law, Justice and Company Affairs
- 20 March 2001 – 1 Sept. 2001: Minister of Shipping (Additional Charge)
- 29 Jan. 2003 – 21 May 2004: Minister of Law and Justice and Minister of Commerce and Industry
- April 2006: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha (second term)
- 3 June 2009 – 2 April 2012 and 3 April 2012 – 26 May 2014 Leader of the Opposition, Rajya Sabha
- April 2012 Re-elected to Rajya Sabha (third term)
- 27 May 2014 – 9 Nov. 2014: Minister of Defence
- 27 May 2014 – 14 May 2018: Minister of Finance Minister of Corporate Affairs
- 2 June 2014 – May 2019: Leader of the House, Rajya Sabha
- 9 Nov. 2014 – 5 July 2016: Minister of Information and Broadcasting
- 13 March 2017 – 3 Sept. 2017: Minister of Defence
- April 2018: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha (fourth term)
- 14 May 2018 – 22 August 2018: Minister without Portfolio
- 23 Aug. 2018 – 22 Jan. 2019: Minister of Finance; and Minister of Corporate Affairs
- 23 Jan. 2019 -14 Feb. 2019: Minister without Portfolio
- 15 Feb. 2019 – 30 May 2019: Minister of Finance; and Minister of Corporate Affairs
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month