IBPS is all set to conduct IBPS Clerk Exam 2019. The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam is scheduled to be held on 7th, & 8th December 2019. With growing popularity and competition in banking examination, IBPS is releasing huge vacancies for the post of PO and Clerk every year for various Public Sector Bank. Also, with huge opportunities, the difficulty level of IBPS Clerk is increasing with every passing year. Candidate who want to pursue their career as a Clerk in the prestigious Public Sector Bank must be ready to face the challenge thrown by the exam conducting authority.
All the aspirants who are about to appear for the IBPS Clerk have almost 10-12 days left in their bucket. So, what is needed is the right guidance and time management with focus on the key areas to accomplish the ultimate destination. There is a sectional timing and cut-off in the IBPS Clerk Examination, so it is important for an aspirant to prepare themself according to the demand of the exam. Time Management plays a crucial role in helping aspirants to perform well in the exam. Let’s take a synopsis of Exam Pattern and Time Management
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Time Management Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims 2019
The biggest hurdle that a student face in any competitive examination is the time limit given pressure that makes the students nervous and their performance is affected. Preliminary (Prelims) Exam is the main gate pass for mains examination. So, here we provide with the tricks to help the students manage their time and Ace in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam:
Speed/ Mock Test: This is the key to manage your time as per the exam pattern. Attempt as many mock as you can and analyze your mock religiously. Mock/ Speed test not only helps in maintaining speed and accuracy but will also help in analyzing your weak and strong areas.
Strategy: The strategy plays a crucial role in time management. Give equal importance to each sections as there is sectional cut-off and sectional timing. So, if you miss any of them, you will not be able to crack the exam. So, make a confined strategy and focus on revision with keeping time in the mind.
English section : 20 minutes (Due to sectional timing)
Attempt the easy question in the starting. Do not feel puzzled. If you are good at reading you can start with the Reading comprehension or else go with the grammar part. Starting the questions depends on your ability to tackle them.Here is how much time one should devote to a single part (If it comes in the exam).
|Error detection||3 minutes|
|Sentence Improvement||2 minutes|
|Cloze test||3 minutes|
|Para jumbles||3 minutes|
|Reading comprehension||As per your reading skill (Not more than 4-5 minutes)|
Make sure at the last 2-3 minutes are left for other questions you may have skipped or for revising all that you have attempted.
Quantitative Aptitude section: 20 minutes (Overall)
Well this section is the most dreaded one among students. But if practiced well, can do wonders. Do not panic while attempting the questions. Pick the suitable one that can be solved within seconds. Do not stick to a single question for long.
|Number series||3 minutes|
|Simplifications & Approximation||2 minutes|
|Quadratic equation||4 minutes|
|Data Interpretation||5 minutes|
|Miscellaneous||In the left out time|
Make sure whatever you attempt is accurate. Along with the Time management accuracy is important. Do not mark answers on random guessing just to incrase your attempted score. This will ruin your accuracy.
Reasoning Ability Section: 20 minutes
This section tests your thinking ability and the idea behind a very particular question. Puzzles in this section carries the highest weightage but sometimes are time taking due to complexity in nature. Check how much time should be spend on single topic.
|Coding- Decoding||2 minutes|
|Blood relation, Direction sense||4 minutes|
- Most of the student lose the race of exam due to improper time management. So, it is important to divide your time accordingly before you actually face the exam.
- Do not waste more than a minute on a single question during examination as it will just waste your time and you will end up losing your precious time.
- Download the admit card a day prior to the examination and read all the instructions carefully.
- Keep yourself motivated as it will only sail you throught the examination.
- Practice as many mocks as you can. The mock will improve your speed and accuracy.
- Set your safe attempts for each sections that will help you in sailing through each section effectively.
- As there is sectional cut-off in the IBPS Clerk Exam. So, it is important for an aspirant to prepare for all the sections equally.
- Keep time and accuracy in mind.
You may also like to read: