Table of Contents
Read the most important current affairs of 10 February 2024. Today Current Affairs covers the headlines on Vividdhta ka Amrit Mahotsav, New Delhi Book Fair 2024, “Road to Paris 2024” Conference, Pathum Nissanka Historic Double Century.
Top 17 Current Affairs and News Headlines of 10 February 2024
1.Vividdhta ka Amrit Mahotsav Inauguration at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- President Smt. Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the ‘Vividdhta ka Amrit Mahotsav’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan, showcasing Northeast India’s cultural richness.
- Organized by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region and Ministry of Culture, the event ran from February 8th to 11th, 2024.
- Over 320 stalls showcased unique handicrafts, handlooms, and agro products from eight Northeastern states. GI Pavilion featured 25+ textile, craft, and agricultural GI products, celebrating the region’s diversity.
2.Tamil Nadu MSME Minister Unveils ‘Smart Cards’ To Aid Startups
- Tamil Nadu MSME Minister launched 2 pivotal initiatives: Smartcard scheme and StartUp Challenge website, underscoring government’s commitment to nurturing startups and fostering innovation in the state.
- At the core of this initiative lies the Smartcard scheme, designed to provide startups with essential support services at discounted rates.
- This scheme aims to bolster startups in accessing crucial resources necessary for their growth and operations, spanning human resources, legal advice, IT infrastructure, media, and publicity.
- The event also showcased the introduction of over 20 startups focused on diverse sectors such as artificial intelligence, media, and software technology through the Launch Pad event.
3.Uttar Pradesh’s Green Hydrogen Initiative Targets 1 million tonne capacity and 1.2 Lakh Jobs
- Uttar Pradesh aims to revolutionize its energy sector by constructing one million tonne per annum (mtpa) green hydrogen production capacity, generating an estimated 120,000 jobs.
- Investment proposals worth Rs 2.73 trillion have been secured from 20 companies during the UP Global Investors Summit in February 2023.
- The state is formulating a comprehensive policy offering incentives on capital outlay, land acquisition, and power transmission to attract investment in green hydrogen infrastructure.
4.Telangana To Establish AI Hub, Make Internet A Basic Right
- Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan made groundbreaking announcements outlining the state government’s ambitious agenda for digital inclusion and technological advancement.
- With a focus on ensuring universal access to the internet and positioning Hyderabad and Telangana as the nation’s AI capital, Governor Soundararajan’s vision sets a bold precedent for the state’s future development.
- Governor Soundararajan’s commitment to making the internet a basic right for all citizens of Telangana underscores her dedication to bridging the digital divide and empowering every individual with the tools for success in the digital era.
5.New Delhi Book Fair 2024: Feb 10-18, 2024
- The New Delhi Book Fair, organized by the National Book Trust in collaboration with the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO), is set to enchant visitors at Pragati Maidan from February 10 to 18, 2024.
- This year’s theme, “Multilingual India: A Living Tradition,” promises a celebration of linguistic diversity and cultural exchange.
- Saudi Arabia takes center stage as the Guest of Honor, showcasing its rich literary heritage. With 25 delegates from the Kingdom participating, the fair becomes a platform for strengthening bilateral ties between India and Saudi Arabia.
6.Sikkim Becomes First Northeast State To Reinstate Old Pension Scheme For Employees
- Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang of Sikkim announced the revival of the Old Pension Scheme (OPS) for state government employees hired on or after April 1, 2006, during the State Level Temporary Employees’ Convention.
- Under the provisions of the Sikkim Services Pension Rules, 1990, employees appointed on or before March 31, 1990, are set to benefit from the reinstatement of the OPS.
- This revival marks a crucial step towards ensuring the financial security of state government employees, particularly in light of the upcoming state assembly elections.
7.Embraer, Mahindra Partner On C-390 Millennium Medium Transport Aircraft In India
- Brazilian aerospace giant Embraer and Mahindra announced a strategic partnership aimed at fulfilling the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) acquisition of the C-390 multi-mission transport aircraft.
- With the IAF seeking to replace its aging fleets of AN32 planes, this collaboration aligns with India’s defense modernization efforts under the Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative.
- The Indian Air Force’s requirement for 40 to 80 medium transport aircraft underscores the need for modernization and operational efficiency.
- Among the leading contenders for this procurement project are Embraer Defence and Security’s C-390 Millennium, highlighting the significance of advanced aerospace technology in meeting defense requirements.
8.India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves Reach One-Month High to $622.47 billion
- India’s foreign exchange reserves have surged to a one-month high, reaching $622.47 billion as of February 2, according to data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on February 9.
- This marks the second consecutive week of increase, with reserves climbing by $5.74 billion during the reporting period, the largest rise in nearly two months. The previous week saw a modest increase of $590 million.
- The Reserve Bank of India actively intervenes in the foreign exchange market to mitigate excessive volatility in the value of the rupee. This intervention plays a significant role in influencing changes in the foreign exchange reserves.
Important Days News
9.International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2024
- Every year on February 11th, the world celebrates the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (IDWGIS).
- This day serves as a crucial reminder of the immense contributions women and girls have made, and continue to make, in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- This year’s theme, “Closing the Gender Gap in Science: Accelerating Action”, underscores the urgent need to address the barriers that hinder women and girls from pursuing and thriving in STEM careers. These barriers include:
10.2024 World Governments Summit in Dubai: India, Türkiye, and Qatar Named Guests of Honor
- The 2024 World Governments Summit, scheduled to be held in Dubai from February 12-14, has designated India, Türkiye, and Qatar as guests of honor.
- Themed ‘Shaping Future Governments,’ the summit aims to facilitate discussions among over 25 government and state heads worldwide.
- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani to lead their respective delegations. These nations will exhibit their successful government experiences and best developmental practices.
11.Neeraj Chopra honoured at Jungfrau’s Ice Palace in Switzerland
- India’s Olympic gold medalist and world champion javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra, was honoured with a commemorative plaque at the renowned Ice Palace.
- Carved into the heart of a glacier, the Ice Palace in Jungfraujoch serves as a unique and awe-inspiring monument. The plaque recognizes Chopra’s remarkable journey – from a small village in Haryana to becoming an Olympic champion and global sporting icon.
- His dedication, discipline, and relentless pursuit of excellence have not only brought him personal glory but also inspired millions worldwide.
12.ADB and Government of India Sign $200 Million Loan for Brahmaputra River Project
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $200 million loan to enhance flood and riverbank erosion risk management along the Brahmaputra River in Assam, India.
- This project aims to build on previous successful initiatives and address the persistent challenges of flooding and erosion in the region.
- It implements a holistic and integrated approach to enhance flood and riverbank erosion risk management focusing on long-term planning and intensifying support for climate and disaster resilience.
13.Ajay Kumar Choudhary Appointed Non-Executive Chairman of NPCI
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) recently announced the appointment of Ajay Kumar Choudhary as its new non-executive chairman and independent director, effective February 8, 2024.
- Mr Choudhary, a distinguished central banker with a career spanning over three decades at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), brings a wealth of experience and expertise to this crucial role.
- NPCI, established in 2008, operates and manages retail payments and settlement systems in India, encompassing iconic platforms like RuPay cards, IMPS, and UPI. Mr. Choudhary’s appointment is poised to contribute significantly to NPCI’s continued growth and innovation.
14.IRS Officer Narendra Kumar Yadav Leads the “Fit India” Movement as Brand Ambassador
- Fit India Movement broke the mold by appointing Narendra Kumar Yadav, an IRS officer, as its new brand ambassador. Mr. Yadav has made history as one of the youngest Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officers in 2009.
- This groundbreaking choice highlights the diverse paths to fitness and challenges us to rethink what it means to be a role model for a healthier India.
- He has excelled in his demanding civil service career while simultaneously fostering a deep-rooted passion for health and fitness. He actively champions holistic wellness practices, emphasizing nutrition, mindful living, and a balanced approach to fitness.
15.NADA’s “Road to Paris 2024” Conference: Promoting Clean Sports and Anti-Doping Unity
- With the Paris Olympic Games approaching, the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) hosted the “Road to Paris 2024: Championing Clean Sports and Uniting for Anti-Doping” Conference.
- The event aimed to educate Indian athletes about the dangers of prohibited substances while emphasizing ethical competition.
- NADA unveiled “The Paris Pinnacle: NADA’s Guide to Ethical Sporting,” a comprehensive resource providing guidelines for athletes preparing for the Paris Olympics 2024. The guide aims to empower athletes to compete ethically and uphold fair play principles.
16.Etihad Airways Takes Flight as Official Sponsor of CSK
- Etihad Airways joins forces with the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) as their official sponsor, marking a thrilling new chapter for both entities.
- This strategic partnership, announced on February 9th, 2024, promises to propel the excitement of cricket to new heights for fans around the world.
- Etihad Airways, a global airline renowned for its premium services and innovative approach, shares a similar commitment to excellence and a passion for connecting people across diverse cultures.
17.Pathum Nissanka Smashes Sri Lankan Records with Historic Double Century
- Pathum Nissanka etched his name in Sri Lankan cricket history, by becoming the first-ever player to score a double century in One Day Internationals (ODIs) for the nation.
- His unbeaten knock of 210 runs against Afghanistan was a masterclass in batting, shattering records and propelling Sri Lanka to a massive victory.
- Nissanka’s 210 is the highest individual score by a Sri Lankan batsman in ODIs, surpassing Sanath Jayasuriya’s 189 from 2000. He reached the double ton in just 136 balls, making it the third fastest in men’s ODIs.
10 FEBRUARY CURRENT AFFAIRS 2024 | ALL EXAMS IMP. CURRENT AFFAIRS | ASHISH GAUTAM SIR