IBPS PO Mains will take place on 30th November 2019. Descriptive writing test is the part of mains exam and one can not clear the cut off without the descriptive part. Not many days are left for the IBPS PO Mains exam and one should speed up with his preparations to sail through the exam. The decsriptive writing test will carry 25 marks which will have 2 questions – Letter and Essay Writing for a time limit of 30 minutes. In this article, we will share certain essay writing Tips that will help you with your preparations for Descriptive Writing.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
What is an essay?
An essay is that piece of work which is based on some facts that deal with its theme which is often limited from personal point of view. An essay is a syatematic, mthodical and analytical comosition which is generally short and less formal.
Before writing the essay you should examine about what you have to write. Focus on, the idea behind the essay writing. What is being asked in the question, if your answer matches with it check if there is connectivity between the lines or not. Try not to cross the word limit and make your para relatable, unique, understandable and meaningful. Highlight the keywords and identify the topic words that indicate what the whole essay is going to be about. There should be at least three main paragraphs in an essay that you write keeping in mind the word limit.
Tips to write an Essay
- First impression is the last impression. Make sure your first para is very good and describe what you are actually telling about. It should be about the topic only do not go out of the box.
- The main purpose of the paragraph should be explain with some examples that can support your answer. Remember each para should begin with a theme sentence that connects the para to the rest of the words in the essay.
- The conclusion is a crux of all the words that you have written in your essay. Try to summarize your ideas and make a relatable ending for it.
Tips for writing the Essay:
- Think before you write and make a good start.
- Your essay should connect with the reader and no important point should be left unexplained.
- Start each paragraph with a topic sentence that clearly links the paragraph to the rest of the essay.
- Try to give some evidence in support of what you have written.
- Try to end up your para by making some releavant comment that shows that you are open for a discussion which is a positive thing.
- Try not to make any error as it may leave bad impact on the examiner.
- Write down quotations that may be particularly useful from the writing point of view.
- If possible, try to make multiple paragraphs based on the particular topic and explained them well with a connectivity.
- Do take care of the time management and wrod limit.
- Develop a habit of reading as this will help you improve your vocabulary.
Students we hope these simple tips to write a good essay will help you in your upcoming IBPS PO Mains exam. You can also refer to the “A Guide To Descriptive Writing” Ebook which is made by our experts to help you in the descriptive exams of Bank PO. All The Best!